
法國台語正夯
Aiden and Shirley are roommates. Shirley was on the phone with her grandpa.
艾登和雪莉是室友。雪莉剛剛和阿公講電話。
be on the phone with sb.跟某人講電話
Aiden: How was your grandpa?
艾登:阿公還好嗎?
Shirley: Fine, but I should really brush up on my Taiwanese. I could barely understand my grandpa.
雪莉:他很好,但我真的應該溫習一下台語。快聽不懂阿公在講什麼了。
brush up on sth.溫習、增強barely(adv.)幾乎不
Aiden: I thought you were fluent in Taiwanese.
艾登:我以為你台語很流利。
fluent(adj.)流利的、be fluent in English、a fluent English speaker、speak fluent English
Shirley: My Taiwanese is a bit rusty these days since I haven’t used it for a long time.
雪莉:越來越生疏了,因為很久沒在用。
rusty(adj.)生疏的、生鏽的
Aiden: Do you know Taiwanese has become a popular language to learn in France?
艾登:你知道台語現在在法國很夯嘛?
Shirley: Really?
雪莉:真的嗎?
Aiden: A language center in Paris now offers Taiwanese courses. More French people have shown interest in learning the language since Taiwan has been on the news a lot.
艾登:巴黎的一個語言教育中心現在有提供台語課程。由於台灣最近太常出現在新聞版面,越來越多法國人想要學這門語言。
course(n.)課程show interest in sth.展現興趣、be interested in sth.be on the news上新聞
Shirley: Well, we can’t lose to French people.
雪莉:嗯嗯,我們可不能輸給法國人啊。
lose to sb.輸給誰
Aiden: I know. It is our mother tongue.
艾登:我知道。台語可是我們的母語呢。
mother tongue母語=native language
Shirley: Let’s only speak Taiwanese from now on.
雪莉:好,我們以後只說台語吧。
from now on從現在開始