
代練的鑽石五
Derek and Chris are roommates. Derek is watching a livestream.
德瑞克跟克里斯是室友。德瑞克正在看直播。
livestream(n.)直播
Chris: Hey, what are you watching?
克里斯:嘿,你在看什麼?
Derek: An esports game. I play League of Legends sometimes.
德瑞克:一個電競比賽。我有時候會玩英雄聯盟。
esports電競
Chris: Interesting. Do you take a stance on account boosting?
克里斯:有趣。你對於代練的立場是什麼?
take a stance on抱持立場
Derek: I don’t think it’s fair for other players. I think there should be rules against it.
德瑞克:我覺得對其她的選手不太公平,應該要禁止這樣的行為。
fair(adj.)公平的player(n.)玩家、選手rule(n.)規則
Chris: Yes, I agree. I’m actually working on a report about a politician from South Korea, Ryu Ho-jeong.
克里斯:是呢,我最近在寫一個關於南韓政治人物柳浩貞的報導。
politician(n.)政治人物
Derek: What’s up with her?
德瑞克:她怎麼了?
Chris: She’s going to run for MP. She used to promote South Korean esports, but…
克里斯:她現在要競選國會議員,然後她以前其實很推廣電競這塊,但是⋯⋯
run for競選promote(v.)宣傳、推廣
Derek: Did she get caught boosting her account?
德瑞克:她被發現有代練?
catch-caught-caught(v.)逮到、抓住、被動
Chris: Yes. It turns out that she shared her account with her boyfriend, and her rank just kept climbing. She went from Gold 5 to Diamond 1 in 2014.
克里斯:對,在2014年的時候,她曾經把帳號借給男友,然後等級就一路從「金牌一」升到了「鑽石五」。
rank(n.)排名climb(v.)攀升
Derek: Wow! That’s not good for her campaign.
德瑞克:哇,這對她的競選很不利啊!
campaign(n.)競選活動
Chris: You bet! She may be replaced.
克里斯:當然囉,她很可能會被換掉。
replace(v.)更換、被動