
傳可能加盟富邦悍將
Matt and Rachel are baseball fans. They are having a conversation.
邁特和瑞秋是棒球迷。他們正在對話。
Matt: Hey Rachel! What’s up?
邁特:嘿,瑞秋!怎麼了?
Rachel: You know Lee Joo-kyung, the Korean cheerleader? She might come to Taiwan next year!
瑞秋:你知道韓國的啦啦隊員李珠珢嗎?她明年可能會來台灣喔!
Matt: No way! That’s awesome! Why is she so famous?
邁特:真的嗎?太棒了!她為什麼那麼有名呢?
Rachel: She’s famous for her “Strike Dance.” It’s really catchy, and she has tons of fans.
瑞秋:她因為「三振舞」而出名。舞蹈非常有吸引力,而且她有很多粉絲。
be famous for…以~聞名=be well-known forstrike(n.)(棒球比賽中的)揮棒落空catchy(adj.)琅琅上口的a catchy tune動聽易記的曲調tons of 大量的、很多的
Matt: That sounds cool. Which team is she going to cheer for here?
邁特:聽起來很酷。她會為哪支球隊應援呢?
cheer for 為...加油、歡呼cheer sb.up使~振作
Rachel: She might be cheering for the Fubon Guardians. She just attended a special event hosted by them in July.
瑞秋:她可能會為富邦悍將應援。她才剛在七月底參加了一個富邦悍將舉辦的活動。
attend(v.)參加、出席host(v.)主辦(n.)主人
Matt: What kind of event was that?
邁特:是什麼樣的活動呢?
Rachel: It’s called the “Big Dome Theme Day.” There were live performances and fun activities for fans.
瑞秋:活動叫做「大巨蛋主題日」。有現場表演和很多有趣的活動。
live(adj.)現場的
Matt: That sounds like a blast. I know you’re a big fan of cheerleaders. What do you like most about them?
邁特:聽起來超好玩。我知道你很愛啦啦隊。你最喜歡她們的什麼呢?
sounds like a blast聽起來很有趣a big fan of…對~有強烈熱愛
Rachel: I love their energy and the way they make the game more exciting. I’m also happy to see famous cheerleaders from other countries.
瑞秋:我喜歡她們的活力,還有她們讓比賽更精彩的方式。我也很開心可以見到外國有名的啦啦隊員。
energy(n.)活力lively(adj.)充滿活力的=vibrant
Matt: I totally agree. Lee Joo-kyung’s visit is going to make the games even more exciting!
邁特:完全同意。李珠珢來台灣一定會讓比賽更精彩!
agree with sb. about sth.同意某事agree on sth.對~有共識agree to同意做某事
Rachel: Definitely! I can’t wait. Let’s plan to go to the game together!
瑞秋:沒錯!我等不及了。我們一起去看比賽吧!
Matt: Sounds like a plan! I’m looking forward to it!
邁特: 好主意!我很期待!