
傳奇的球技和戰績
Brad is a fan of Kobe Bryant. He’s chatting with Dianne.
布萊德是科比的粉絲,他在和黛安聊天。
Brad: Do you know that Kobe Bryant just passed away?
布萊德:你有聽說科比剛剛過世嗎?
pass away=die過世pass out昏倒
Dianne: Yeah. I can’t imagine how much pain his family is going through.
黛安:有啊,我無法想像他的家人有多痛苦。
imagine(v.)想像pain(n.)痛苦、疼痛painful(adj.)痛苦的go through經歷(困難或不愉快的事)=experience
Brad: Many of his followers can’t take it either. I feel like I’ve lost a piece of myself.
布萊德:許多他的粉絲也難以接受,我也覺得心裡缺少了一部份。
follower(n.)追隨者、擁護者、粉絲take(v.)接受lose a piece of oneself失去一部份的自己piece(n.)一片、碎片
Dianne: I’m so sorry to hear that. Has there been a news update?
黛安:我真替你感到難過,有什麼新的消息嗎?
sorry(adj.)悲傷、惋惜的I feel sorry for them.我替他們感到難過update(n.)更新
Brad: Just today, his wife broke her silence and thanked everyone for their support, although she was extremely sad.
布萊德:就在今天,他的老婆打破沈默,雖然悲慟但感謝大家的支持。
break one’s silence打破沈默、發表意見support(v.)(n.)支持、情感支持extremely(adv.)極度地=very
Dianne: It must be so hard for Kobe’s family.
黛安:對他們來說一定很艱難。
it must be表強烈推測語氣
Brad: It’s really hard to take. Our generation grew up watching his legendary plays and seeing him break all kinds of records. He was also a mentor and good friend to many other players, like LeBron James.
布萊德:這真的很難以接受,我們這一代是看著他傳奇的球技和戰績長大的。他也是其他球員的導師兼好友,雷霸龍也以他為模範。
generation(n.)世代、同輩legendary(adj.)傳奇的break the record打破紀錄mentor(n.)導師
Dianne: I can only hope that Kobe knew he was deeply loved and that his spirit carries on.
黛安:只希望科比能知道自己深受世人愛戴,也希望他的精神能夠繼續流傳。
deeply(adv.)深深地、極其=stronglyspirit(n.)精神team spirit團隊精神sportsmanship(n.)運動家精神carry on持續=to keep on going