
見客不超過10人
Mindy and Kevin are coworkers.
敏蒂跟凱文是同事。
coworker(n.)同事
Mindy: Hey, Kevin. Can I switch shifts with you?
敏蒂:嘿,凱文,我可以跟你換班嗎?
switch(v.)轉換shift(n.)輪班、班
Kevin: When? I have to visit my parents tonight.
凱文:什麼時候?我今天晚上要去看我爸媽。
have to必須⋯⋯visit(v.)拜訪parent(n.)父母tonight(adv.)今晚
Mindy: Okay. That’s fine. I’m just too tired. I want to be a koala.
敏蒂:好吧,我只是太累了,好想當隻無尾熊。
tired(adj.)疲累的want(v.)想要
Kevin: That’s a funny daydream.
凱文:真好笑的白日夢。
funny(adj.)有趣的、好笑的daydream(n.)白日夢
Mindy: You know what? Koalas at Koala Park in Australia are not allowed to work overtime.
敏蒂:你知道嗎?在澳洲無尾熊園區的無尾熊不能超時工作。
allow(v.)允許work overtime加班
Kevin: Do they even work? I thought they just ate, pooed and slept all day.
凱文:他們有在工作嗎?我以為他們整天都是吃、大便、睡覺。
work(v.)工作think(v.)以為、認為eat(v.)吃sleep(v.)睡覺
Mindy: Actually, they need to “meet” tourists, and each koala can only meet ten people a day at most.
敏蒂:他們要「見」遊客,每隻無尾熊一天最多見10個人。
actually(adv.)事實上need(v.)需要meet(v.)見面tourist(n.)觀光客at most最多
Kevin: Interesting. It’s like koalas have their own Labor Standards Laws.
凱文:真有趣,就像無尾熊的勞基法。
interesting(adj.)有趣的like(prep.)好像、像是Labor Standards Laws勞基法
Mindy: Yup. Well, I’m going to face the music and continue my work now.
敏蒂:是啊,現在我要來面對現實,繼續工作了。
face the music面對現實continue(v.)繼續work(n.)工作
Kevin: Okay. I hope we can get off work on time today.
凱文:好,希望我們今天都可以準時下班。
hope(v.)希望get off work下班on time準時