
主管退居二線
Andrew and Quinn are colleagues. Quinn has an important meeting today.
安德魯和昆恩是同事。昆恩今天有一個重要的會議。
important(adj.)重要的
Andrew: Are the clients here?
安德魯:客戶都到了嗎?
client客戶
Quinn: Yes, the meeting will begin in no time.
昆恩:都到了,會議馬上就要開始了。
begin(v.)=start開始in no time很快地=soon
Andrew: Then what are you doing here?
安德魯:那你在這裡做什麼?
Quinn: I am so nervous that I left the files in the copy room.
昆恩:我太緊張了,把文件忘在了影印間。
so adj. that…太…以致於leave-left(v.)遺留、離開file(n.)文件
Andrew: Don’t be. You’ll do great.
安德魯:別緊張。你會表現得很好的啦。
do great表現很好
Quinn: You know that I’ll be the one who does the talking, right?
昆恩:你知道這次主要是我要負責跟客戶報告,對吧?
do the talking負責說話、溝通
Andrew: What about your manager?
安德魯:你的經理呢?
Quinn: She will take a back seat this time. She said she trusted me.
昆恩:這次她會退居二線。她說她信任我。
take a back seat退居二線trust(v.)相信
Andrew: Well, you can do it. Go knock their socks off!
安德魯:嗯嗯,你行的,去讓他們刮目相看吧!
Quinn: Thanks! And I will!
昆恩:謝謝!我會的!