
手錶快了十分鐘
Harry and Miley are roommates. Harry is checking the time with Miley.
哈利和麥莉是室友。 哈里正在和麥莉一起檢查時間。
check the time對時間
Harry: What time is it?
哈利:現在幾點了?
Miley: It’s half past eight, but my watch is ten minutes fast so….
麥莉:已經八點半了,但是我的手錶快了十分鐘,所以⋯⋯
half past eight八點半、past用在半之前watch(n.)錶時間加上fast、表示快了多少、換成slow就是慢多少時間
Harry: It’s 8:20.
哈利:是八點二十分。
也可以直接講數字
Miley: Yes. I’m not really good at math.
麥莉:對。我數學不是很好。
be good at sth.擅長於math(n.)數學
Harry: We need to buy a new clock. It doesn’t keep good time.
哈利:我們需要買一個新時鐘,它不太準。
clock(n.)時鐘
Miley: Oh. Our clock shows ten to nine. It is way off.
麥莉:哦。我們的時鐘顯示八點五十分,也差太多了。
show(v.)顯示、展現to用在半之後be way off差得遠了
Harry: Right. Why is your watch fast?
哈利:對。為什麼你的手錶快了?
Miley: It’s because I’m always late. I hope setting it fast might help me be on time.
麥莉:因為我總是遲到。我希望把它設快一點可以幫助我變更準時。
set(v.)設置on time準時
Harry: Well, does it help?
哈利:嗯,有幫助嗎?
Miley: Not really.
麥莉:沒有。