
更多的陪伴和空間
Howard and Elsa are a couple. They are at the night market.
霍德華和艾莎是一對夫婦。他們在夜市。
couple(n.)夫妻、情侶、幾個
Howard: Look! It’s a golden retriever. I’ve always wanted a dog like that.
霍德華:看!是黃金獵犬耶。我一直想要一隻這樣的狗。
golden(adj.)金質的、金的、金色的retriever(n.)獵犬retrieve(v.)找回、取回、挽回
Elsa: A dog? Are you out of your mind? We don’t have enough space for that.
艾莎:一隻狗?你瘋了嗎?我們沒有足夠的空間養它。
mind(n.)心智狀態、神智、頭腦、大腦
Howard: Well, I’m just saying.
霍德華:好吧,我只是說說而已。
just saying只是說說
Elsa: How about a cat? I’d love to keep a Ragdoll.
艾莎:貓怎麼樣?我很想養一隻布偶貓。
Howard: What I need is something to cuddle. Cats run away so fast. They are like ninjas.
霍德華:我需要的是某個可以摟抱的寵物。貓閃得太快了。他們像忍者一樣。
cuddle(v.)(互相)擁抱、摟抱
Elsa: Well, that’s true. But I heard that more and more people are keeping cats now instead of dogs.
艾莎:嗯,這倒是真的。但我聽說現在越來越多人選擇養貓,而不是養狗。
instead(adv.)作為替代instead of而不是、而非
Howard: Is it because dogs need more company and space and that makes it harder to keep them?
霍德華:是不是因為狗需要更多的陪伴和空間,所以比較難養?
company(n.)陪伴、同伴accompany(v.)陪同、陪伴
Elsa: Yes. You have to walk them every day as well. I also learned that cat owners usually keep more than one cat.
艾莎:是的。你還得每天遛牠們。我還了解到,貓主人通常都會養不只一隻貓。
owner(n.)所有者、主人、物主
Howard: That’s true. My sister has two cats. They enjoy each other’s company, but they also fight sometimes.
霍德華:這倒是真的。我姐姐就有兩隻貓。牠們很享受彼此的陪伴,但牠們有時也會打架。
fight(v.)打鬥、打架
Elsa: Well, they are just like us. We love each other a lot, but we also argue sometimes.
艾莎:嗯,牠們就像我們一樣。我們非常愛對方,但有時也會爭吵。
argue(v.)爭吵、爭辯argument(n.)爭吵、爭辯