
有氧運動和力量訓練
Cindy and Joe are friends. They are chatting.
辛迪和喬是朋友。他們正在聊天。
Cindy: Hey Joe, how’s it going?
辛迪:嘿喬,最近過得如何?
Joe: Not bad, thanks. How about you?
喬:還不錯,謝謝。你呢?
Cindy: I hired a personal trainer to help me exercise.
辛迪:我請了個私人教練來指導我運動。
hire(v.)聘請personal(adj.)私人的、個人的personal matter私事get personal進行人身攻擊trainer(n.)教練、訓練師train(v.)訓練、培訓trainee(n.)受訓者exercise(v.)(n.)運動、鍛鍊
Joe: Oh really? That’s cool. How’s it going so far?
喬:喔,真的嗎?好酷啊。目前怎麼樣?
Cindy: It’s tough, but I’m starting to see some progress. He pushes me hard, but I know it’s for my own good.
辛迪:挺辛苦的,但我開始有點進步了。他對我很嚴格,但我知道這是為我好。
tough(adj.)辛苦的、困難的progress(n.)進度、進展make slow (steady) progress進度緩慢(穩定)push sb. hard對某人很嚴格
Joe: What kind of exercises are you doing?
喬:你都做什麼樣的運動呢?
kind(n.)種類、類型
Cindy: Mostly cardio and strength training. We focus on different muscle groups each session.
辛迪:主要都是有氧運動和力量訓練。每堂課我們會專注在不同的肌群上。
cardio(n.)有氧運動strength training重訓focus on著重於、專注於different(adj.)不同的、有差別的be different from…不同於~session(n.)一節、一堂、一場
Joe: How often do you go to the session?
喬:你多久上一次課?
often(adv.)時常、經常How often…多久做某事一次How often do I, you, we, they…How often does he, she, it…
Cindy: Twice a week.
辛迪:一週兩次。
twice(adv.)兩次once(adv.)一次(三次以上的)次數+times表達做某事的頻率=次數+期間three times a week一週三次once a year一年一次four times a month一個月四次
Joe: Sounds good. Do you feel that you have more energy now?
喬:聽起來不錯。你現在是不是覺得更有活力了?
energy(n.)能源、能量energy bar能量棒(條)
Cindy: Definitely! I have more energy and sleep better at night.
辛迪:當然!我現在有更多精力,晚上也睡得更好了。
better(adj.)(good-better-best)更好的、較好的better(adv.)(well-better-best)更好地、較好地
Joe: That’s awesome. Keep up the good work!
喬:太棒了。繼續加油哦!