
減輕皮夾的重量
Kara sees Brian at a convenience store.
卡拉在便利商店看到布萊恩。
convenience(n.)方便、便利
Kara: Hey Brian, what’s up? You look frustrated.
卡拉:嘿,布萊恩,你好嗎?你看起來很沮喪耶!
frustrated(adj.)灰心的、氣餒的
Brian: It’s all this small change. Every time I buy something at the store, the clerk gives me loads of NT$1 coins. Now I have so many of them that I can’t even close my wallet!
布萊恩:是因為這些零錢啦!每次我在商店買東西,店員就會找我許多一元硬幣;我現在有這麼多的硬幣,以致於我的皮夾合不起來了!
time(n.)次、回clerk(n.)店員loads of許多、很多coin(n.)硬幣even(adv.)甚至wallet(n.)錢包、皮夾
Kara: Wow, that’s a lot of coins. Didn’t you know that you can put them on your Easy Card?
卡拉:哇!好多零錢哦!你不知道你可以把零錢存進悠遊卡嗎?
wow(excl.)哇
Brian: Huh? Really?
布萊恩:蛤?真的嗎?
huh(excl.)啊、嗯
Kara: Of course! Easy Card has been accepting small change top-ups since 2015.
卡拉:真的啊!從2015年開始悠遊卡已經接受零錢加值了。
accept(v.)接受since(prep.)自從
Brian: So, I can just top up my card by NT$1?
布萊恩:那麼,我可以只用一塊錢來加值?
so(conj.)那麼just(adv.)只、僅僅
Kara: Yes. You can top up at the MRT stations, 7-Eleven, Family Mart, OK, Hi-Life and I-MEI stores.
卡拉:是啊!你可以在捷運站、7-Eleven、全家、OK超商、萊爾富和義美門市加值。
MRT=Mass rapid transit大眾捷運系統
Brian: Great, so I can pay for my metro journeys with change?
布萊恩:太好了,那我可以用一元零錢搭捷運囉?
journey(n.)旅行、旅程
Kara: Exactly. No more loose change!
卡拉:沒錯!不會再有零錢囉!
exactly(adv.)精確地no more不再loose(adj.)鬆散的、散開的