
情投意合的對象
Hank and Nate are classmates. They are chatting.
漢克和奈特是同學。他們在聊天。
Hank: I’m going to tell you a secret. You have to keep it under your hat, though.
漢克:我要告訴你一個秘密,但你得守好它。
tell(v.)告訴
Nate: Of course.
奈特:當然。
Hank: I am seeing someone.
漢克:我有對象了。
see(v.)約會、談戀愛
Nate: Really!? Can I know who this lucky girl is?
奈特:真的嗎!我能知道這個幸運女孩是誰嗎?
lucky(adj.)幸運的girl(n.)女生
Hank: You can’t tell anyone. It’s Jenny.
漢克:你不能告訴任何人,是珍妮。
Nate: Jenny? That nerd?
奈特:珍妮?那個書呆子?
nerd(n.)書呆子、nerdy(adj.)、geek(n.)怪咖、geeky(adj.)
Hank: Hey! Her glasses only make her cuter.
漢克:嘿!她戴起眼鏡來更可愛。
glasses(n.)眼鏡cute(adj.)可愛的
Nate: If you say so.
奈特:你說了算。
if you say so你說的算
Hank: We are getting on like a house on fire. I like her a lot.
漢克:我們很合得來。我很喜歡她
get on like a house on fire情投意合、相處融洽like(v.)喜歡、按讚
Nate: I’m happy for you, but I still can’t believe it.
奈特:我很為你高興,但我還是不敢置信啦。
believe(v.)相信