
存留之間
Teresa is organizing her closet.
泰瑞莎正在整理衣櫥。
organize(v.)整理,安排closet(n.)衣櫥
Teresa: It’s hard to decide what to keep and what to throw away.
泰瑞莎:好難決定要什麼要留著和什麼要丟掉哦!
decide(v.)決定what(pron.)…的
Chris: I’ve read a book about organizing things so I can share some ideas with you.
克里斯:我看過一本關於整理東西的書,所以可以跟妳分享一些主意哦!
so(conj.)所以,因此share(v.)分享,共用idea(n.)意見,想法
Teresa: That would be great.
泰瑞莎:那太棒了!
would(aux.)會,將
Chris: Rather think about the clothes you want to keep and not the ones you don’t want.
克里斯:更準確地說,去思考妳想保留的衣服,而不是妳不要的衣服。
rather(adv.)更確切些,更準確地說
Teresa: Do you mean that I should keep what I really like, and throw away the rest?
泰瑞莎:你的意思是保留我很喜歡的,並把其餘的丟掉嗎?
mean(v.)意思是should(aux.)應該rest(n.)剩餘部分,其餘
Chris: Yes, and you should get it done at once, in case you mess things up.
克里斯:是啊,而且妳應該要一次整理完,以防妳亂掉。
done(adj.)完成的,做完的once(adv.)一次,一回in case以防萬一mess(v.)把…弄亂mess sth. up把…弄亂
Teresa: Alright. Let me first take all my clothes out. I must finish or I can’t leave this room.
泰瑞莎:好的,那我先把全部的衣服拿出來吧!我一定會完成,否則我不會離開這個房間了!
must(aux.)必須,一定or(conj.)否則
Chris: What’s more, you should pile the same kind of clothes together so that you’ll be clear on what you already have.
克里斯:另外,妳應該把同類的衣服放在一起,這樣妳就能很清楚自己已經有什麼。
what’s more而且,另外pile(v.)把…堆疊起來so that以便,以至於clear(adj.)清楚的already(adv.)已經,早已
Teresa: You’re really a good helper. Let me buy you something yummy after I’m done.
泰瑞莎:你真是個好幫手,在我整理完之後就請你吃好吃的吧!
helper(n.)幫手,幫忙者yummy(adj.)美味可口的,很好吃的
Chris: Haha… I think I have to wait for years until you done!
克里斯:哈哈…我想直到妳完成之前我要等上好幾年了!
until(conj.)直到