
再也受不了他了
Ed and Kevin are classmates. They are having lunch.
艾德和凱文是同學。 他們正在吃午飯。
Ed: Did you see Frank and the other guy fighting today?
艾德:你今天有看到法蘭克和另一個人在打架嗎?
fight(v.)打架
Kevin: Yeah…
凱文:是的......
Ed: I heard the other guy tattled on Frank to the teacher that Frank has been taking money from other students.
艾德:我聽說那個人跟老師打小報告,說法蘭克一直在從其他學生那裡收錢。
tattle on sb. to sb.向某人舉發某人、打小報告has been Ving現在完成進行式
Kevin: Yeah… Can I tell you something? You have to swear that you won’t tell anyone.
凱文:對……我可以告訴你一件事嗎?你必須發誓不會跟任何人說。
have to RV必須swear(v.)發誓
Ed: Sure. What’s the matter?
艾德:好。怎麼了?
Kevin: It was actually me who told the teacher about Frank.
凱文:其實是我告訴老師法蘭克的事。
Ed: Wow. Really? You had better not let Frank find out about this. He nearly beat that guy to death today.
艾德:哇,真的嗎?那你最好不要讓他知道。今天他差點就把那個傢伙給活活打死。
had better not RV最好別find out發現nearly(adv.)=almost幾乎beat(v.)打to death至死
Kevin: That’s why I told the teacher about it. I just can’t take it anymore. He is such a bully.
凱文:所以我告訴老師這件事。我就是再也受不了他了。他真是個惡霸!。
take it忍受bully(n.)霸凌者
Ed: You were right to do so. You’re very brave.
艾德:你當然該這麼做,你很勇敢。
brave(adj.)勇敢的
Kevin: Thanks. Still, you’ve got to keep it between us.
凱文:謝謝。不過,你不能說出去喔。
have got to RV必須
Ed: Relax! I won’t sell you out.
艾德:放心!我不會出賣你的。
sell out出賣