
沒什麼大不了
Helen and Peter are colleagues. They are chatting.
海倫和彼得是同事。他們在聊天。
Helen: Are you also going to sing karaoke tonight?
海倫:你今晚也要去唱卡拉OK嗎?
sing karaoke唱Ktonight(adv.)今晚
Peter: What karaoke?
彼得:什麼卡拉OK?
Helen: It’s Mark’s birthday party. He invited everyone.
海倫:馬克的生日派對。他邀請了辦公室所有人。
birthday party生日派對invite(v.)邀請
Peter: Wow, that’s like a slap in the face. I know nothing about it.
彼得:哇,真是難堪。我完全不知道這件事情。
a slap in the face難堪、尷尬
Helen: Oh, I’m sorry.
海倫:噢,抱歉。
sorry(adj.)抱歉、be sorry about sth.
Peter: Not a big deal. We don’t like each other anyway.
彼得:沒什麼大不了的。反正我們本來就不喜歡對方。
a big deal重要的事情、沒什麼了不起like(v.)喜歡each other彼此
Helen: How come?
海倫:怎麼會?
Peter: We just don’t get along. Have fun tonight.
彼得:處不來囉。今晚你玩得開心啦。
get along with sb.處得來
Helen: Now I feel pretty bad.
海倫:我現在感覺很糟。
feel bad感覺很糟、做了壞事
Peter: Never mind. Like I said, it’s nothing.
彼得:沒關係。就像我說的,這沒什麼大不了的。
Never mind.不用在意