
一名學生重傷
Dennis and Kathy are teachers of an international school in Taiwan. They are having a conversation.
丹尼斯和凱西是台灣一所國際學校的老師。他們正在對話。
Dennis: Hey Kathy, did you hear about the accident in Changhua?
丹尼斯:嘿,凱西,你有聽說發生在彰化的事故嗎?
accident(n.)意外、事故car accident車禍a serious accident嚴重的事故by accident不小心
Kathy: No, I didn’t. What happened?
凱西:沒有,我沒聽說。發生了什麼事?
Dennis: A group of students from Kang Chiao International School was riding their bikes around the island, but sadly, a car hit some of them.
丹尼斯:一群來自康橋國際學校的學生正在騎腳踏車環島,不過很不幸,一輛車撞到了部分學生。
sadly(adv.)傷心地、悲傷地unfortunately(adv.)不幸地、遺憾地some of+複數名詞/代名詞
Kathy: Oh no! Is everyone okay?
凱西:天啊!大家都沒事吧?
Dennis: One 15-year-old boy got hurt badly. He hit his head and has been in a coma.
丹尼斯:其中一位15歲的男孩傷得很嚴重。他撞到了頭,並陷入昏迷。
badly(adv.)嚴重地has/have V-p.p.現在完成式in a coma昏迷中
Kathy: That’s awful. Is he going to be alright?
凱西:那真糟糕。他會沒事吧?
awful(adj.)糟糕的be going to未來式(預測或計畫將發生的事)
Dennis: He’s in the hospital now. The doctors say he’s getting better, but still needs care.
丹尼斯:他現在在醫院。醫生說他在好轉,但還需要照顧。
be+V-ing進行式(表達目前正在發生的改變或過程)care(n.)照顧
Kathy: I hope he recovers soon.
凱西:我希望他能早日康復。
recover(v.)康復、復原
Dennis: Some of the other students were hurt too, but they’re okay and recovering.
丹尼斯:有些學生也受傷了,但他們沒事,正在康復中。
some of the/所有格+複數名詞:有些~
Kathy: This accident reminds me to be extra careful when riding bikes, especially on long trips.
凱西:這次意外提醒我,騎腳踏車時一定要格外小心,特別是長途旅行。
remind(v.)提醒remind sb. to VR提醒某人~be careful of…注意~be careful with...對~謹慎
Dennis: Definitely. I also wonder about the driver. What was he thinking?
丹尼斯:沒錯。我也想知道駕駛員的情況。他當時到底在想什麼?
Kathy: If he was driving too fast or wasn’t paying attention, he could face big trouble.
凱西:如果他開得太快或沒注意,可能會有大麻煩。
Dennis: Right. The poor boy is suffering because of it. I hope the driver is held responsible.
丹尼斯:沒錯。那個可憐的男孩因此受苦。我希望駕駛要負責。
suffer(v.)受苦、受折磨be held responsible被認為應該負責
Kathy: I agree. Everyone should drive safely, especially near cyclists.
凱西:我同意。每個人都應該安全駕駛,尤其是在單車騎士附近時。
cyclist(n.)單車騎士
Dennis: Yeah, let’s hope the boy gets better soon.
丹尼斯:是的,希望那個男孩能早日康復。
hope(v.)希望
Kathy: My thoughts are with him and his family.
凱西:我會為他和他的家人祈禱。
thoughts(n.)關心