
錯誤習慣恐罰10萬
Anna and Lucas are friends. They both drive.
安娜和盧卡斯是朋友,他們兩個都會開車。
Lucas: Hey Anna, do you always fill your gas tank all the way?
盧卡斯:嘿,安娜,你加油時都會加到滿嗎?
gas(n.)汽油fill up加滿油all the way完全
Anna: I used to, but now I stop when the pump clicks.
安娜:我以前會,但現在油槍「跳停」時我就停了。
used to過去曾經pump(n.)油槍
Lucas: Really? I always try to add more after it clicks. I thought it gives me more gas.
盧卡斯:真的嗎?我總是等油槍跳停後再加一點。我以為這樣可以多加一點油。
Anna: That’s what I thought too. But I read it’s dangerous and bad for the environment.
安娜:我以前也這麼想。但我看過資料說這樣很危險,對環境也不好。
environment(n.)環境environmental pollution環境污染
Lucas: Dangerous? How?
盧卡斯:危險?怎麼說?
Anna: If you keep adding gas, more harmful gas escapes into the air. You might even breathe it in.
安娜:如果你繼續加,更多有害氣體會跑到空氣中。你還可能吸進去。
keep V-ing持續做harmful(adj.)有害的escape(v.)逃離、逃脫breathe in吸入
Lucas: Oh no, I didn’t know that!
盧卡斯:喔不,我都不知道!
Anna: Also, the law says you can get a big fine — up to NT$100,000!
安娜:而且法律說這樣會被罰錢,最高十萬元!
fine(n.)罰款heavy/large fine很重的罰款up to最多
Lucas: Wow, that’s a lot! I’ll stop doing that.
盧卡斯:哇,好多錢!我不敢再這樣做了。
Anna: Good idea. When it clicks, it means the tank is full. Don’t be greedy.
安娜:好主意。聽到「喀」一聲,就代表油箱滿了。不要貪心。
greedy(adj.)貪心的
Lucas: Thanks for telling me. I’ll remember — click, then stop!
盧卡斯:謝謝你告訴我。我會記住──聽到「喀」,就停手!