
恐增加罹癌風險
Eric and Martha are friends. They are having a conversation.
艾瑞克和瑪莎是朋友。他們正在對話。
Eric: Do you want a hot dog for lunch?
艾瑞克:你午餐想吃熱狗嗎?
Martha: Hmm… I’m not sure. I saw a news story this morning.
瑪莎:嗯⋯⋯我不太確定。我今天早上看到一則新聞。
sure(adj.)確定的、肯定的be sure about…對~肯定、確定/be sure to VR務必要
Eric: About what?
艾瑞克:什麼新聞?
Martha: It said eating just one hot dog a day can increase the risk of diabetes and colon cancer.
瑪莎:新聞說每天吃一根熱狗,會增加得到糖尿病和大腸癌的風險。
increase(v.)增加、提升risk(n.)風險、危險develop cancer罹患癌症
Eric: Really? Just one?
艾瑞克:真的嗎?才一根也不行?
Martha: Yes! Even one hot dog or one soda a day can be bad for your health.
瑪莎:是啊!就算每天只吃一根熱狗或喝一罐汽水,也可能對健康有害。
poor health健康狀況差health product保健產品
Eric: That’s a little scary. I had two hot dogs yesterday!
艾瑞克:聽起來有點可怕。我昨天還吃了兩根!
scary(adj.)令人害怕的scared(adj.)感到害怕的
Martha: Oh no, Eric! You’re in danger!
瑪莎:天啊,艾瑞克!你有危險啦!
in danger處於危險之中、有危險
Eric: Haha, don’t scare me! So… what should I eat instead?
艾瑞克:哈哈,別嚇我啦!那我該吃什麼才好?
instead(adv.)取而代之地instead of…取代~
Martha: Maybe a salad with some nuts, or yogurt with fruit.
瑪莎:也許吃有堅果的沙拉,或者優格加水果。
nut(n.)堅果
Eric: That sounds healthy... and boring.
艾瑞克:聽起來很健康……也很無聊耶。
boring(adj.)無聊的、令人厭煩的bored(adj.)感到無聊的/get bored of…對~感到厭煩
Martha: Come on! It’s not boring if you add tasty things.
瑪莎:別這樣嘛!加點好吃的東西就不無聊了。
come on別這樣嘛、拜託啦add(v.)添加add A to B把A加到B裡add up(數字)加總起來
Eric: Okay, maybe I’ll try it. But only if you eat it with me.
艾瑞克:好吧,我可以試試。但你要跟我一起吃喔。
only if…只有在~的條件下
Martha: Deal! Let’s eat healthy together.
瑪莎:一言為定!我們一起健康飲食!
stay in good health維持健康