
被放鴿子的小確幸
Anna walks into a restaurant on a sunny afternoon.
安娜在陽光明媚的下午走進一家餐廳。
into(prep.)進入…裡面
Waiter: Hello! Welcome. Table for two?
服務生:您好,歡迎光臨。是兩位嗎?
Anna: Yes… but my friend didn’t come.
安娜:對⋯⋯但我朋友沒來。
friend(n.)朋友make friends交朋友lose friends失去朋友
Waiter: Oh, I see. Are you still waiting?
服務生:這樣啊。您還要繼續等嗎?
wait(v.)等待wait for…等待…wait to VR…等待去做…
Anna: I waited for 30 minutes. I think I got stood up.
安娜:我等了三十分鐘。我想我被放鴿子了。
just a minute等一下in a minute馬上stand up放鴿子、約好卻沒出現
Waiter: I’m sorry to hear that. Would you like to order something?
服務生:很遺憾聽到這樣的事。您想先點些什麼嗎?
order(v.)(n.)點餐、訂購take an order點餐
Anna: Yes. I’ll eat alone today.
安娜:好啊,我今天就自己吃吧。
alone(adv.)獨自、自己一個人
Waiter: How about some cake?
服務生:要不要來點蛋糕?
cake(n.)蛋糕a piece of cake小事一樁
Anna: That sounds good. Cake is better than a friend today!
安娜:聽起來不錯。今天蛋糕比朋友可靠!
better(adj.)較好的
Waiter: This cake is on the house.
服務生:這塊蛋糕店裡請客喔!
on the house店家招待
Anna: Really? That’s very kind of you. Thank you!
安娜:真的嗎?你人真好,謝謝你!
kind(adj.)親切的、善良的be kind to…對…好