
還是當朋友
Jake and Lily are sitting on a park bench after school. The sun is setting, and a light breeze is blowing.
傑克和莉莉放學後坐在公園的長椅上。太陽正在下山,微風輕輕吹拂。
set(v.)落下sunset(n.)日落blow(v.)吹動
Jake: Hey, Lily. Can we talk for a sec?
傑克:嘿,莉莉。我們可以聊一下嗎?
for a sec一下子、一會兒
Lily: Sure! What’s up?
莉莉:當然!怎麼了?
Jake: I like you a lot. Do you want to go out with me?
傑克:我很喜歡你。你想跟我約會嗎?
go out with sb.和某人開始約會(交往)
Lily: Oh, Jake… You are a great guy, but I only see you as a friend.
莉莉:噢,傑克⋯⋯你人真的很好,但我只把你當朋友。
see sb. as…看待某人為~、認為某人是某種角色
Jake: Oh… So that means you don’t like me in that way?
傑克:喔⋯⋯所以你對我不是那種喜歡嗎?
Lily: Yeah… but I still like hanging out with you!
莉莉:是啊⋯⋯但我還是很喜歡跟你一起玩!
still(adv.)仍然、還是hang out一起玩、閒晃、相聚
Jake: Well… I guess that’s okay. It’s just… I was kinda hoping for a different answer.
傑克:嗯⋯⋯我想這也還行吧。只是… 我本來有點期待別的答案。
kinda=kind of有點different(adj.)不同的be different from…跟~不同
Lily: I get it. And I’m really sorry if this makes things weird.
莉莉:我懂。我真的很抱歉,如果這讓你覺得尷尬的話。
weird(adj.)奇怪的、尷尬的
Jake: Nah, it’s cool. You’re still one of my favorite friends.
傑克:沒啦,沒事的。你還是我最喜歡的朋友之一。
one of+複數名詞:其中一個~
Lily: Same here! And hey, ice cream makes everything better. My treat?
莉莉:我也是!對了,冰淇淋能解決一切。我請客,怎麼樣?
treat(n.)請客treat sb. to… 請某人享用某物
Jake: Sure! Let’s go.
傑克:當然!我們走吧!