
網友嘴英文程度
Tracey and Louis are friends who are receiving pilot training.
崔西和路易斯是朋友,他們正在接受飛行員訓練。
receive training接受培訓receive(v.)收到、接收train(v.)訓練trainer(n.)教練、培訓師pilot(n.)飛行員
Tracey: Hi Louis! How is your flight training?
崔西:嗨,路易斯!你的飛行訓練進行得怎麼樣?
Louis: It’s going well, but I’m still nervous about landing.
路易斯:還不錯,就是對降落還是很緊張。
landing(n.)降落land(v.)降落、著地take off起飛take-off(n.)起飛
Tracey: I understand. Landing can be hard. My instructor says we need more practice.
崔西:我懂,降落真的不容易。我的教官說我們需要多練習。
instructor(n.)教練aerobics instructor有氧健身操教練practice(n.)(v.)練習
Louis: Yes, I think I need more confidence. What about you? What do you find difficult?
路易斯:對,我覺得我需要更多信心。那你呢?你覺得什麼最困難?
confidence(n.)信心have confidence in對……有信心confident(adj.)有自信的
Tracey: Talking to air traffic control is hard for me.
崔西:跟空中交通管制溝通對我來說很難。
control(n.)管控、控制take control of…掌控、控制某事物out of control失去控制
Louis: I agree! They talk so fast. I’m working on my English because it’s important for pilots.
路易斯:我同意!他們說話太快了。我正在努力提升我的英文,因為這對飛行員很重要。
work on努力、致力於
Tracey: Me too. Did you see the news about Starlux Airlines’ chairman Chang Kuo-wei?
崔西:我也是。你有看到星宇航空董事長張國煒的新聞嗎?
Louis: No, what happened?
路易斯:沒有,怎麼了?
Tracey: He’s very active on social media. Someone joked about his English, and he replied that he’s just a “Taiwanese kid.”
崔西:他在社群媒體上很活躍。有人拿他的英文開玩笑,他回答說自己只是個「台灣死孩仔」。
active(adj.)活躍的social(adj.)社交的,交際的
Louis: That’s funny! I heard he didn’t do well in English in college, but he still went to USC for his master’s. It shows we can improve with practice.
路易斯:好好笑喔!我聽說他大學時英文不好,但還是去南加大攻讀碩士。這表示我們練習也會進步。
USC(University of Southern California)南加州大學master(n.)碩士、專家、大師improve(v.)進步、改善
Tracey: Yes! Maybe we can practice speaking together.
崔西:對啊!也許我們可以一起練口說。
Louis: That’s a great idea! We’ll be flying those big planes in no time.
路易斯:好主意!我們很快就能駕駛大飛機了。
in no time 馬上、很快
Tracey: I can’t wait! Let’s keep working hard.
崔西:我很期待!讓我們繼續努力吧!
can’t wait to VR等不及去做~keep V-ing持續進行做~