
讓我們一起做出改變
Tim and Betty are friends. Tim is inviting Betty to a beach cleanup.
提姆和貝蒂是朋友。他正要邀請她參加淨灘活動。
invite(v.)邀請invite sb. to邀請某人參與某活動
Tim: Hey Betty, what’s up?
提姆:嘿貝蒂,在忙什麼啊?
Betty: Not much, just hanging out. How about you?
貝蒂:沒什麼,就只是在消磨時間。你呢?
hang out消磨時間
Tim: Same here. I was thinking about doing something meaningful this weekend, like joining in a beach cleanup. Would you like to come along?
提姆:我也是。我想在這個週末做一些有意義的事,像是參加淨灘活動。你要不要一起來?
meaningful(adj.)有意義的meaning(n.)意義、意思come along跟隨、一同去
Betty: Beach cleanup? What exactly is that?
貝蒂:淨灘活動?具體來說是什麼?
Tim: Well, there’s been a lot of garbage dumped on the beach in Orchid Island, and it has become a real problem. So we’re organizing a cleanup to help keep the beach clean and protect the marine life.
提姆:蘭嶼的海灘上有大量的垃圾,已經變成很嚴重的問題。所以我們正在籌備一個淨灘活動,幫助保持海灘的清潔,並保護海洋生物。
garbage(n.)垃圾=trash=rubbishdump(v.)丟棄、亂扔;甩掉、拋棄(戀人)organize(v.)籌備、安排keep sth. adj.讓某物保持…protect(v.)保護marine life海洋生物
Betty: That sounds like a great idea. Count me in! When is it?
貝蒂:聽起來很不錯。我要參加!是什麼時候?
count sb. in算某人一份
Tim: It’s this weekend. Would you be able to make it?
提姆:就在這個週末。你可以去嗎?
be able to RV能夠做某事
Betty: Yeah, I can make it. What should I bring?
貝蒂:耶,我可以。我該帶什麼嗎?
Tim: Just wear something comfortable that you don’t mind getting dirty. We’ll provide gloves and garbage bags.
提姆:只要穿著舒適、你不介意弄髒的衣物就行了。我們會提供手套和垃圾袋。
comfortable(adj.)舒適的mind(v.)介意
Betty: Awesome. I can’t wait to help out.
貝蒂:太好了。我等不及要幫忙了。
can’t wait to RV等不及要做某事
Tim: I’ll send you the details later. Thanks for coming with me, Betty.
提姆:我稍後會把詳細資訊寄給你。謝謝你的加入,貝蒂。
send(v.)寄send sb.(間接受詞) sth.(直接受詞)寄出某物給某人detail(n.)細節、詳情
Betty: No problem, Tim. Let’s make a difference together!
貝蒂:不會,提姆。讓我們一起做出改變吧!
difference(n.)差別、不同make a difference做出改變