
讀書會與籃球隊
Johnny and his mom, Sandra are discussing which school club he should join.
強尼和他媽媽珊卓正在討論強尼應該加入哪個學校社團。
discuss(v.)討論、談論
Sandra: What do you think, Johnny? Which school club do you want to join?
珊卓:你覺得怎麼樣,強尼?你想加入哪個學校社團?
feel(v.)覺得、感到
Johnny: I want to join the school’s basketball team.
強尼:我想加入學校的籃球隊。
team(n.)團隊、支持某人或某觀點的一群人(v.)組成團隊以實現…team up結成一隊、合作
Sandra: Hmm, what about joining the book club?
珊卓:嗯,你有考慮過加入讀書會嗎?
Johnny: No, I don’t really have an interest in that. I would prefer to join the dance club.
強尼:不,我對那沒有興趣。我寧願加入舞蹈社。
interest(n.)興趣(v.)使…感興趣interested(adj.)感興趣的interesting(adj.)有趣的、令人感到有趣的prefer to更想要…
Sandra: I’m not quite sure I understand. What can you get from the dance club?
珊卓:我不太明白你的想法。你能從舞蹈社獲得什麼?
quite(adv.)相當地、挺understand(v.)理解、明白get from sth.從某物或某事中獲得
Johnny: Well, nothing really. I just think it would be more fun.
強尼:嗯,其實沒什麼。我只是覺得這樣會比較好玩。
really(adv.)真正地、事實上、其實for real認真地、確實地、真正地
Sandra: Ah, I see. How about joining the cheerleading team? They support the basketball team.
珊卓:啊,我明白了。你有想過加入啦啦隊嗎?他們會幫籃球隊加油。
support(v.)支持、加油cheer(v.)喝彩、鼓舞、振奮、加油(n.)歡呼聲、喝彩聲、歡樂、高興cheer sb. up(使)振作、(使)高興起來cheerleading(n.)啦啦隊
Johnny: No way, Mom. I really want to play basketball, so the basketball team is the club I want to join.
強尼:不行,媽媽。我真的很想打籃球,所以我想加入籃球隊。
no way決不、不可能、不會吧
Sandra: I guess we just can’t seem to agree on this one, can we?
珊卓:看來我們永遠不可能達成共識的,對吧?
agree(v.)持相同意見、贊同disagree(v.)不同意、反對