
一起行動,改變社區!
Judy is having a conversation with her classmate Tim.
茱蒂正在和同學提姆聊天。
Judy: Hi Tim, did you hear about the community cleanup this Saturday? The teacher told us in class.
茱蒂:嗨,提姆,你有聽說這個星期六要舉行社區大掃除嗎?老師在課堂上有說。
tell sb. sth.告訴某人某事
Tim: Yes, I also saw a poster on the school wall. Are you going to help?
提姆:有啊,我也有在學校的牆上看到海報。你打算去幫忙嗎?
poster(n.)海報
Judy: I want to, but I’ve never joined a cleanup before. What do we actually do?
茱蒂:我想去,但我從來沒有參加過打掃活動。我們實際上要做些什麼呢?
have/has V-p.p.現在完成式actually(adv.)事實上、實際上
Tim: It’s not difficult. We pick up trash, sweep the paths, and maybe plant some flowers. It’s a good way to help our community stay clean.
提姆:不難啦。我們會撿垃圾、掃地,也許還會種一些花。這是維持社區整潔的好方法。
pick up撿起sweep(v.)清掃stay+adj.維持~的狀態
Judy: That sounds interesting. I think young people should care about the environment.
茱蒂:聽起來很有趣。我覺得年輕人應該關心環境。
interesting(adj.)有趣的protect/pollute the environment保護/污染環境environmental(adj.)自然環境的、有關環境的
Tim: I agree. Even small actions can make a big difference. If we all help, the park will look much better.
提姆:我同意。即使是小小的行動,也能帶來很大的改變。如果大家都來幫忙,公園一定會變得更美。
make a difference產生影響、有所改變
Judy: Maybe we can invite some classmates too. It will be more fun together.
茱蒂:也許我們可以邀請一些同學一起去。這樣會更有趣。
invite(v.)邀請invite sb. to VR邀請某人做invite sb. to place邀請某人去某地invitation(n.)邀請invitation to…某活動的邀請
Tim: Great idea! Let’s sign up after school.
提姆:好主意!我們放學後去報名吧。
sign up報名
Judy: Okay! See you then.
茱蒂:好啊!到時候見。