
來份墨西哥午餐如何?
Joan is having lunch at a Mexican restaurant in San Francisco. She is ordering.
瓊在舊金山的一家墨西哥餐廳享用午餐。她正在點餐。
Waiter: Hello! Can I take your order?
服務生:您好!我可以幫您點餐嗎?
take one’s order幫~點餐
Joan: Hi! Yes, please. I would like a taco and a burrito.
瓊:嗨!好的。我想要一個塔可餅和一個捲餅。
would like想要
Waiter: Great choice! Would you like beef, chicken, or vegetarian fillings?
服務生:很棒的選擇!您想要牛肉、雞肉還是素食的內餡?
choice(n.)選擇make a choice做出選擇vegetarian(adj.)素食的filling(n.)內餡、餡料
Joan: Chicken for both, please.
瓊:兩份都要雞肉,謝謝。
both(pron.)兩個、兩者、雙方both(可直接加n.),both of(後加複數n.)
Waiter: Okay. Anything to drink?
服務生:好的。要喝點什麼嗎?
Joan: Yes, I would like a glass of horchata, please.
瓊:是的,我想要一杯歐洽達。
Waiter: Sure. Anything else?
服務生:好的。還要別的嗎?
else(adv.)其他的(可接在any, every, no,和 some開頭的後面)
Joan: Do you have anything for my dog?
瓊:你們有我的狗可以吃的東西嗎?
Waiter: We have a special dog treat. Would you like one for him?
服務生:我們有特製的狗狗點心,您要給牠來一份嗎?
treat(n.)點心treat sb. to sth.請客treat oneself犒賞自己
Joan: Yes, thank you.
瓊:好呀,謝謝。
Waiter: You’re welcome. So, one chicken taco, one chicken burrito, a glass of horchata, and a dog treat. That comes to twenty-six dollars and fifty cents.
服務生:不客氣。那麼,一份雞肉塔可餅、一份雞肉捲餅、一杯歐洽達和一份狗狗點心。總共是二十六塊五。
come to總共、總計
Joan: Here you go.
瓊:給你。
Waiter: Thank you very much. Your order will be ready shortly.
服務生:非常感謝。您的餐點馬上就會準備好。
shortly(adv.)不久=soon