
中英文切換自如
Thomas is a linguist. He is having a conversation with his friend Helen.
湯瑪士是語言學家。他正在跟他的朋友海倫聊天。
linguist(n.)語言學家
Thomas: Hey Helen, have you heard about this thing called “Jingjing Style”?
湯瑪士:嘿,海倫,你聽過「晶晶體」嗎?
Helen: Oh, you mean the way people mix Chinese and English when they speak?
海倫:喔,你是說混用中文和英文的說話方式?
Thomas: Yes, exactly! I read an article about how it started with a woman named Lee Jing-Jing, aka Crystal Lee. She became famous after an interview where she mixed both languages.
湯瑪士:對,就是這樣!我讀到一篇文章,說這個風格是從一位叫李晶晶,也就是Crystal Lee的女士開始的。她因為在訪談中混合兩種語言說話而成名。
aka也就是(also known as的縮寫)interview(n.)訪談(v.)採訪
Helen: I remember that! It went viral a few years ago, right?
海倫:我記得那件事!幾年前那段訪談在網上瘋傳,對吧?
go viral受到廣泛關注、爆紅
Thomas: Yes, and now it’s back in the news because someone used “Jingjing Style” again at a recent event.
湯瑪士:對,而且最近又上新聞了,因為有人在最近的活動中再次使用了「晶晶體」。
recently(adv.)最近=lately/not long ago
Helen: Interesting! Do you think it’s a good way to communicate?
海倫:真有趣!你覺得這是一種好的溝通方式嗎?
communicate(v.)溝通communication(n.)溝通
Thomas: Well, as a linguist, I think it’s fascinating. It shows how bilingual people switch between languages naturally. But it can be confusing for others.
湯瑪士:嗯,作為語言學家,我覺得很有趣。這顯示了雙語人士如何自然地在兩種語言之間切換。但別人可能會有點困惑。
fascinating(adj.)有趣的、吸引人的bilingual(adj.)雙語的switch(v.)轉換naturally(adv.)自然地
Helen: Yeah, I agree. It can be hard to follow if you’re not fluent in both languages. Do you use “Jingjing Style” when you speak?
海倫:是啊,我同意。如果你兩種語言都不流利,會聽不懂你在說什麼。你在說話時會用「晶晶體」嗎?
be fluent in能流利地說~
Thomas: Not really. I try to use one language at a time, but I do code-switch sometimes without thinking!
湯瑪士:其實不太會。我會嘗試一次只用一種語言,但有時候不經意間還是會切換語言!
at a time一次性地code-switch在不同的語言之間切換
Helen: Same here! It’s easy to do when you’re used to both languages.
海倫:我也是!當你習慣兩種語言時,很容易就會這樣做。
be used to習慣~