
強大商業頭腦
Molly and Pete are friends who both work in Taiwan’s fashion industry. They are having a conversation.
茉莉和彼得是在台灣時尚產業工作的朋友。他們正在聊天。
industry(n.)產業、行業sector(n.)行業The financial sector has been growing steadily.金融業一直在穩步增長。
Molly: Hey Pete, did you hear the news about Jia Yong-jie?
茉莉:嘿,彼得,你有聽說賈永婕的消息嗎?
Pete: Oh, you mean the actress? What happened?
彼得:喔,你是說那位演員?發生了什麼事?
Molly: She’s going to be the new chairwoman of Taipei 101!
茉莉:她將成為台北101的新任董事長!
Pete: No way! That’s a big jump from acting to managing such a famous building.
彼得:真的嗎!從演藝圈轉到管理這麼有名的建築,真的是大變動。
manage(v.)管理、經營manage to設法完成
Molly: Right? But it makes sense. She’s got a great fashion background and a strong business sense.
茉莉:是啊,不過也說得通。她有很好的時尚背景和強大的商業頭腦。
make sense有道理、說得通sense(n.)知識、頭腦、理智
Pete: True, and she’s always been super stylish. I believe she’ll bring fresh ideas to Taipei 101.
彼得:沒錯,她一直都很有風格。我相信她會為台北101帶來新穎的想法。
trendy(adj.)流行的=modish,fashionablecome up with想出
Molly: I’m excited to see what changes she’ll make. Maybe she’ll even start some new fashion events there.
茉莉:我很期待她會做出什麼改變。也許她會在那裡舉辦一些新的時尚活動。
event(n.)活動
Pete: That would be awesome! I wonder how she’ll balance everything.
彼得:那會很棒!我很好奇她會如何平衡一切。
balance(v.)(n.)平衡、餘額lose one’s balance失去平衡
Molly: With her talent, I’m sure she’ll do a great job. I think this will be good for the fashion scene in Taiwan.
茉莉:以她的才能,我相信她會做得很好。我覺得這對台灣的時尚圈會有好處。
do a great job表現出色scene(n.)活動領域、圈子、界
Pete: Absolutely! I can’t wait to see what happens next.
彼得:當然!我迫不及待想看看接下來會發生什麼。