
在跟誰交往?
Bernie and Jennie have been best friends since high school, and they share everything with each other. They are sitting in a cozy cafe. Jennie is giggling at her phone.
伯尼和珍妮從高中開始就是最好的朋友,他們彼此分享一切。他們正坐在一家舒適的咖啡館裡,珍妮看著手機咯咯笑。
cozy(adj.)(美式拼法)舒適的(英式拼法為cosy)a fit of giggles笑個不停
Bernie: You look very happy today. Is there any good news?
伯尼:你今天看起來很開心,有什麼好消息嗎?
Jennie: Well, yes! You know I was single for a long time, but I’m dating someone now.
珍妮:嗯,對呀!你知道我單身很久了,但我現在正在跟某人交往。
date(v.)約會、交往flirt with sb./have a thing with sb.和某人曖昧
Bernie: That’s great! What is he like?
伯尼:太棒了!他是什麼樣的人?
Jennie: His name is Kevin. He is very nice and has a great sense of humor. He always makes me laugh when I’m tired.
珍妮:他叫凱文。他人很好,也很有幽默感。我累的時候他總是逗我笑。
sense of humor幽默感
Bernie: How do you feel when you are with him?
伯尼:跟他在一起的時候你感覺怎麼樣?
Jennie: I feel relaxed and safe. We have a lot in common. We both love rock music and video games.
珍妮:我覺得很放鬆也很有安全感。我們有很多共同點。我們都喜歡搖滾音樂和打電動。
have a lot in common有很多共同點relate to sth.對~有共鳴
Bernie: I’m so happy for you! Do you see him often?
伯尼:我真為你開心!你常見到他嗎?
Jennie: Yes, we meet every weekend. He is very patient, which is great because I can be a bit messy sometimes!
珍妮:是的,我們每個週末見面。他很有耐心,這很棒,因為我有的時候有點邋遢!
patient(adj.)有耐心的messy(adj.)凌亂的、邋遢的
Bernie: He sounds like a great guy. I really want to meet him! Maybe we can have dinner together?
伯尼:他聽起來是個很棒的人。我真的很想見他!或許我們可以一起吃晚餐?
Jennie: I want to wait a little. Then I’ll arrange a meeting.
珍妮:我想再等一下,然後再安排見面。
arrange(v.)安排、整理、排列
Bernie: Sure! I look forward to it.
伯尼:當然!我很期待。
look forward to N./V-ing期待~