
遠距工作的補助
John and Oliver are colleagues. They are chatting.
約翰和奧利佛是同事。他們在聊天。
John: I grow so sick of urban life. All the hustle and bustle.
約翰:我好厭倦城市生活。一切都好喧囂。
grow sick of sth.越發感到厭惡hustle and bustle熙熙攘攘、繁忙
Oliver: Would you rather live in the countryside?
奧利佛:你寧願住在鄉下嗎?
rather寧可
John: Of course, but I need to make money here.
約翰:當然,但我需要在都市裡賺錢。
Oliver: You know, the Japanese government is paying people to move to the countryside. It’s part of the plan to bridge the gap between cities and rural areas.
奧利佛:你知道日本政府現在有一個計畫在付錢給人們搬去鄉下來縮小城鄉差距。
bridge the gap消彌差異
John: For how much?
約翰:給多少?
Oliver: You’ll get NT$250,000 and you can work remotely.
奧利佛:25萬新台幣,而且還可以遠距工作。
remotely(adv.)遠端、remote(adj.)遙遠的
John: That’s not bad.
約翰:這不錯。
Oliver: The government is also helping companies to set up offices in rural areas to balance economic growth.
奧利佛:政府還鼓勵大公司在鄉村設立辦公室來平衡經濟成長。
set up設立balance(v.)平衡economic(adj.)經濟的、economical(adj.)節省的growth(n.)成長
John: The urban-rural gap has become a serious problem, even in Taiwan. I hope the plan will work.
約翰:城鄉差距已經是一個嚴重的問題,在台灣也是如此。希望這個計畫會有用。
serious(adj.)嚴重的