
錯亂的花期
Sandy and Ivan are planning their trip to Japan.
珊迪跟艾文在計畫一趟日本之旅。
plan(v.)計畫trip(n.)旅行
Ivan: Sandy, will we visit this park when we go to Japan?
艾文:珊迪,我們去日本的時候,會去這個公園嗎?
visit(v.)造訪
Sandy: Yes, we will. Why?
珊迪:會的。怎麼了嗎?
Ivan: Maybe we can see cherry blossoms there.
艾文:也許我們會看到櫻花。
cherry blossom櫻花
Sandy: Cherry blossoms usually bloom in spring. It’s fall now.
珊迪:櫻花通常春天才開吧,現在是秋天。
cherry blossom櫻花usually(adv.)通常bloom(v.)開花spring(n.)春天fall=autumn(n.)秋天
Ivan: I know. But the news said that the weather this fall is weird. Some cherry trees have already begun blossoming.
艾文:我知道,但是新聞說,今天秋天天氣異常,有些櫻花樹已經開花了。
fall=autumn(n.)秋天weird(adj.)奇怪的begin(v.)開始blossom(v.)開花
Sandy: Does that mean we’re not going to be seeing these magnificent flowers in March and April?
珊迪:這代表我們明年3、4月的時候看不到美麗的櫻花了嗎?
magnificent(adj.)極好的、壯麗的
Ivan: Not at all. The news mentioned that although the blossoms have come early, it won’t make too much of a difference overall.
艾文:也不會,新聞上說了,雖然有些花早開了,但對整體花況影響不大。
mention(v.)提到blossom(n.)櫻花early(adv.)早地make difference對~有所不同、影響某事情overall(adv.)整體
Sandy: Interesting. Those flowers weren’t supposed to bloom until next spring.
珊迪:真有趣,那些花應該是明年春天的花。
be supposed to應該⋯⋯bloom(v.)開花spring(n.)春天
Ivan: Yeah. We can visit Japan again during the “real” cherry blossom season.
艾文:是啊,等真正的花季到來,我們可以再去日本。
visit(v.)造訪season(n.)季節