
公車站堆滿垃圾
Carrie and James are friends. They live in Taichung.
凱莉和詹姆斯是朋友,他們住在台中。
Carrie: Hey James, have you seen the news about the mess at the Taichung bus stop?
凱莉:嘿,詹姆斯,你看到台中公車站很髒亂的新聞嗎?
mess(n.)混亂、亂七八糟
James: Yes, I’ve seen that. It’s so embarrassing. A Japanese writer posted pictures of the trash there.
詹姆斯:有,我有看到。真是太丟臉了。一位日本作家貼出了那裡垃圾的照片。
embarrassing(adj.)丟臉的embarrass(v.)使某人尷尬
Carrie: I know! He found a huge pile of garbage and food waste under the bus stop. And there was a sign saying not to litter.
凱莉:對呀!他發現公車站下堆滿了垃圾和廚餘。而且還有標語說請勿亂丟垃圾。
a huge pile of 一大堆的waste(n.)垃圾、廢物sign(n.)標誌、標語street sign街道標誌traffic sign交通標誌litter(v.)亂丟垃圾(n.)垃圾street litter 街道上的垃圾
James: That’s really ironic. People ignore the signs and still litter.
詹姆斯:真是諷刺。人們不理會標語,還是亂丟垃圾。
ironic(adj.)諷刺的ignore(v.)忽視
Carrie: Totally. The writer even mentioned that this isn’t the first time he’s seen it. He noticed it months ago too.
凱莉:沒錯。作者甚至提到這不是他第一次看到這種情況,他幾個月前就注意到了。
notice(v.)注意
James: That’s awful. What’s he doing about it?
詹姆斯:那真糟糕。他打算怎麼做?
Carrie: He’s organizing a cleanup event. He’ll ride his bike and pick up trash. He wants the community to join in.
凱莉:他準備舉辦一個清掃活動。他會邊騎腳踏車邊撿垃圾。他希望社區能一起參與。
pick up sth.撿起某物=pick sth.uppick up sb.接送某人join in加入
James: That’s a great idea. It’s good to see someone taking action. I hope it makes a difference and more people start caring.
詹姆斯:那真是個好主意。很高興看到有人採取行動。我希望這能改變現狀,讓更多人關心這個問題。
take action採取行動make a difference 產生影響、改變
Carrie: Me too. We all need to do our part and keep our city clean.
凱莉:我也是。我們都要盡自己的一份力,維持市容整潔。
do one’s part貢獻自己的一份力