
東亞最低
Mitch is telling Andrea about his search for a new job.
米奇正在告訴安基雅他在找新工作的事。
search(n.)(v.)尋找、找工作
Mitch: Did I tell you that I’m looking for a new job right now?
米奇:我有告訴你我現在正在找新工作嗎?
look for尋找
Andrea: Yeah, you mentioned it last week, but you didn’t tell me much about it. Where are you looking?
安基雅:對,你上週有提到,但你沒有告訴我詳情。你打算找哪裡的工作?
mention(v.)提到、提及Don’t mention it.不客氣not to mention更不用說tell somebody much about something告訴某人詳情
Mitch: Well, I might want to move to Japan, so I am looking for jobs there.
米奇:嗯,我可能想要搬到日本,所以我正在找那裡的工作。
Andrea: Oh. Have you heard about the workplace problems in Japan?
安基雅:喔,你有聽說過日本的職場問題嗎?
workplace(n.)職場、工作場所
Mitch: No, I haven’t. What problems?
米奇:沒有耶。有什麼問題?
Andrea: I just read a report that says only 5% of workers in Japan felt excited about their work last year.
安基雅:我剛讀了一份的報告,報告指出去年只有5%的日本上班族對他們的工作感到有熱情。
enthusiastic(adj.)熱情的enthusiasm(n.)熱情
Mitch: Wow! The number is really low. I love my job here in Taiwan.
米奇:哇!這數字真的很低。我很喜歡我在台灣的工作。
Andrea: Yeah, Japan’s number is the lowest in East Asia.
安基雅:是的,日本的數字是東亞是最低的。
Mitch: Well, I don’t have to move to Japan. Maybe I’ll start looking in Taiwan also. I want to enjoy my job!
米奇:那麼我不一定要搬到日本。也許我會開始在台灣找工作。我想要享受我的工作!
move(v.)搬遷look in看看not get a look-in沒有機會、沒有趕上
Andrea: Good idea. Feeling excited about your work is a good feeling!
安基雅:好主意。對工作感到有熱情是一種很好的感覺!