
減肥專家
Ken and Amy are a couple. Ken is thinking about joining a gym.
肯和艾咪是一對情侶。肯正在考慮要不要去健身房。
join a gym報名健身房
Amy: Have you made up your mind about whether or not to join a gym?
艾咪:你決定好要去健身房了沒?
make up one′s mind下定決心whether or not是否、要不要
Ken: I just feel lazy.
肯:我現在就是全身發懶。
feel lazy感到懶、發懶
Amy: No, look at your belly.
艾咪:不,看看你的肚子。
belly(n.)肚子
Ken: I know. I’ve actually gained a few more kilos after the summer.
肯:我知道。今年夏天過後我又增加了幾公斤。
gain(v.)增加a few一些=a little、前者接可數、後者不可數summer(n.)夏天
Amy: I’ll tell you the story of a Japanese Youtuber, Ruibosu. It will blow you away.
艾咪:讓我告訴你一個日本Youtuber路易波士的故事。一定讓你大吃一驚。
blow sb. away大吃一驚=blow sb′s mind
Ken: Try me.
肯:願聞其詳。
try me你試試看、說來聽聽
Amy: He used to weigh 140 kilos, and then he decided to shed all the fat on his body. A year later, he weighs only 68 kilos now. Look at him now.
艾咪:他以前體重140公斤,然後他下定決心來甩肉減脂。一年後,他現在只有68公斤。你看看他。
weigh(v.)重達、weight(n.)體重decide to決定shed(v.)捨去fat(n.)脂肪、肥肉
Ken: He looks like a model. So handsome!
肯:他看起來像個模特兒。好帥!
model(n.)模特兒handsome(adj.)英俊的
Amy: He is without question the biggest loser, and, winner.
艾咪:他是毫無疑問是最厲害的減肥專家,也是人生的贏家。
without question=no question=no doubt毫無疑問地loser(n.)輸家、雙關、減去最多體重winner(n.)贏家
Ken: Alright. That’s inspiring. If he can make it, then so can I.
肯:哇,真是勵志。如果他能做到,我也可以。
inspiring(adj.)激勵人心的