
學習國際烹飪技巧!
Lisa and Howard are friends. They are both interested in cooking and learning new skills.
麗莎和霍爾是朋友。他們都對烹飪和學習新技能很有興趣。
be interested in…對~感興趣sth. is interesting to sb.某事物對某人來說很有趣
Lisa: Hey, Howard, did you see the news about Mingdao High School?
麗莎:嘿,霍爾,你有看到關於明道中學的新聞嗎?
Howard: No, what happened?
霍爾:沒有耶,發生什麼事?
Lisa: They invited top Japanese chefs to teach students how to cook wagyu beef!
麗莎:他們邀請日本頂尖主廚來教學生烹飪和牛料理!
invite sb. to do sth.邀請某人做某事invitation(n.)邀請函
Howard: Wow, that sounds amazing! So the students got to cook real wagyu?
霍爾:哇,聽起來太棒了!學生真的能親手料理和牛嗎?
get to VR有機會去做
Lisa: Yes! They learned how to cut, grill, and plate the beef just like professionals.
麗莎:對啊!他們學了怎麼切肉、烤肉和擺盤,就像專業廚師一樣。
grill(v.)烤、用烤架烹調plate(v.)把食物擺盤professional(n.)專業人士(adj.)專業的
Howard: I’d be so nervous cooking in front of a Japanese chef. They’re known for perfection!
霍爾:要在日本主廚面前煮飯我會超緊張,他們可是出了名地要求完美!
be known for以~聞名、以~著稱perfection(n.)完美
Lisa: Me too! But the students said they learned a lot about patience and detail.
麗莎:我也是!但學生們說他們學到很多關於耐心和細節的事。
detail(n.)細節in detail詳細地
Howard: That’s great. I like how schools in Taiwan are working with international experts now.
霍爾:真不錯。我喜歡現在台灣學校會和國際專家合作的做法。
work with sb.與某人一起合作work well with與~合作良好
Lisa: Yeah, it’s like learning global skills right in the classroom.
麗莎:沒錯,就像在教室裡就能學到國際技能。
global warming全球暖化global issues全球性議題
Howard: I wish we had had that when I was in school. Maybe I’d be a chef today!
霍爾:要是我讀書時也有這樣的課,我現在可能是個廚師呢!
I wish…要是~就好了
Lisa: Then you could cook wagyu for us!
麗莎:那你就可以幫我們煮和牛啦!