
從戰友變伴侶
Josh and Karen are roommates. Josh is into everything about Japanese show business.
喬許和凱倫是室友,喬許對日本演藝圈的大小事很有興趣。
be into sth.對某事很有興趣show business演藝圈=showbiz
Josh: Holy cow! My goddess, Japanese actress Nana Komatsu, has tied the knot!
喬許:哇塞!我心中的女神,日本女演員小松菜奈結婚了耶!
Holy cow!=My goodness!=My gosh!tie the knot結婚、共結連理
Karen: Who’s the lucky guy?
凱倫:誰是那個幸運兒?
lucky(adj.)幸運的
Josh: Her fellow actor, Masaki Suda. Many of their fans were heartbroken.
喬許:她的搭檔演員,菅田將暉。許多他們的粉絲心都碎了。
fan(n.)粉絲、狂熱愛好者,a football fan美式橄欖球迷heartbroken(adj.)悲傷的、心碎的
Karen: You should feel happy for them.
凱倫:你應該要替他們感到開心。
Josh: I am. They’ve been each other’s comrade and supporter for a very long time.
喬許:我是啊。長久以來,他們一直是彼此的戰友和支持者。
comrade(n.)夥伴、戰友
Karen: That’s great. It’s not easy to find a good lifelong companion after all.
凱倫:那真好,畢竟,要找到一個好的終身伴侶並不容易呀。
lifelong(adj.)終身的companion(n.)伴侶after all畢竟
Josh: Speaking of getting married, I am going to attend three weddings in the coming weeks.
喬許:講到結婚,接下來的幾週我要參加三場婚禮。
attend(v.)參加
Karen: Wow…I’m sorry for your wallet.
凱倫:哇⋯我替你的荷包感到難過。
wallet(n.)皮夾
Josh: I’ll be flat broke next month.
喬許:下個月我要吃土了。
flat broke徹底破產、窮到極點