
航班和住宿成本增加
Simon and Ella are talking about traveling abroad this year.
賽門和艾拉正在討論今年出國旅遊的話題。
travel(v.)旅遊abroad(adv.)國外的
Simon: I wonder when we will be able to visit other countries.
賽門:不知道我們今年什麼時候才能去其他國家玩。
wonder(v.)好奇be able to=能夠visit(v.)拜訪
Ella: Well, Korea, Thailand, and Singapore have lifted the ban for tourists.
艾拉:嗯,韓國、泰國和新加坡已經解除旅客限制了。
lift(v.)抬起;鬆綁ban(n.)禁令tourists(n.)觀光客
Simon: Really? Do we need to quarantine?
賽門:是嗎?我們需要隔離嗎?
quarantine(v.)隔離
Ella: As long as you are fully vaccinated, you don’t have to.
艾拉:只要你完整接種疫苗的話就不用。
vaccine(n.)疫苗vaccinate(v.)接種疫苗vaccinated(adj.)接種過疫苗的
Simon: How about Japan? I miss their local food.
賽門:那麼日本呢?我想念他們當地的食物。
miss(v.)想念local(adj.)當地的
Ella: The news says Japan will reopen its borders this June.
艾拉:新聞說日本今年六月會重新開放國境。
will VR=未來式
Simon: The day I have been waiting for has finally come!
賽門:我等了好久的這天終於來了!
have been Ving=現在完成進行式finally(adv.)終於
Ella: Calm down. Although I hate to say this, the price of traveling abroad will increase as well.
艾拉:冷靜點。雖然我也很不想這麼說,但出國旅遊的價格也會增加。
although=雖然increase(v.)增加as well=同樣的;也
Simon: What do you mean?
賽門:這是什麼意思?
mean(v.)意指;意思
Ella: The cost of flights and hotels has risen, so we may need to pay more to enjoy traveling abroad.
艾拉:航班和住宿的成本增加,所以我們也許需要多付點錢才能享受出國旅遊。
cost(n.)成本flight(n.)航班rise(v.)上升
Simon: I see. But I still look forward to traveling even if I need to spend more.
賽門:懂了。不過就算需要多付錢,我還是很期待出遊。
look forward to Ving=期待某事even if=就算要;儘管spend(v.)花費
Ella: I feel the same. Hopefully, Taiwan will also open its borders soon.
艾拉:我也這麼想。希望台灣也能盡快開放國境。
hopefully(adv.)希望its=它的=it的所有格