
風雨故人來
Benjamin and Alice are colleagues. They are chatting.
班傑明和愛麗絲是同事。他們在聊天。
Benjamin: Did you see the news? It’s like a good rain after a long drought.
班傑明:你看到新聞了嗎?真是久旱逢甘霖。
drought(n.)乾旱
Alice: What is it?
愛麗絲:什麼事情?
Benjamin: Japan just gave Taiwan 1.2 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines.
班傑明:日本向我們捐贈了一百二十萬劑AZ疫苗。
dose(n.)一劑藥量
Alice: Really! When will the vaccines arrive?
愛麗絲:真的嗎!疫苗什麼時候到?
arrive(v.)抵達
Benjamin: They just arrived in Taiwan the other day.
班傑明:這幾天才剛到台灣而已。
the other day前幾天
Alice: What a relief! We need the vaccines badly.
愛麗絲:真是鬆一口氣,我們好需要疫苗。
relief(n.)解脫、寬心need sth. badly非常需要
Benjamin: That is just the first batch. I heard that more will be sent in the future.
班傑明:這只是第一批。我聽說以後日本還會送更多疫苗過來。
batch(n.)一組、一批in the future未來、in the past過去
Alice: The Japanese are so generous. I really appreciate their help.
愛麗絲:日本真是慷慨,好感謝他們。
generous(adj.)慷慨的appreciate(v.)感激
Benjamin: That’s right. Everyone is sharing the news on Instagram and Facebook. Japan is indeed a true friend of Taiwan.
班傑明:沒錯。每個人都在IG和臉書上分享這則新聞。日本真是台灣的好朋友。
indeed(adv.)實在、的確
Alice: I’m going to do the same. I will go visit Japan for sure after all this.
愛麗絲:我也要。等疫情過後,我一定會去日本玩。
visit(v.)拜訪for sure絕對、一定