
水原希子的抨擊
Alice is using her phone. Her friends, David, is reading.
愛麗絲正在滑手機。她的朋友大衛正在看書。
Alice: Did you see Kiko Mizuhara’s Instagram story?
愛麗絲:你有看到水原希子的IG限時動態嗎?
David: Sorry, but who is she?
大衛:對不起,但她是誰?
Alice: She is a very famous model from Japan.
愛麗絲:她是日本非常有名的模特兒。
model(n.)模特兒、模型
David: What did she say?
大衛:她說了什麼?
Alice: She was lashing out at all the ranks about beauty.
愛麗絲:她在大肆抨擊對美麗的排名。
lash out猛打、斥責
David: You mean something like “Top 50 Prettiest Women in the World?”
大衛:你是說那種「世界上最漂亮的50大美女」那種排名?
Alice: Yes. She believes that it is rude and wrong to judge a person just by their look. These ranks will only make people have a wrong idea about what beauty really is.
愛麗絲:是的。她認為只憑外觀判斷一個人大錯特錯。這些排名只會讓大家對美到底是什麼有非常偏差的認知。
judge(v.)評斷look(n.)外貌idea(n.)概念想法
David: Then, what does beauty mean to you?
大衛:那麼,美麗對你來說代表著什麼?
Alice: I think a beautiful person should have a kind heart. The inner beauty is more important.
愛麗絲:我認為一個美麗的人應該有一顆善良的心。內在美更重要。
kind(adj.)和善的inner beauty內在美
David: I couldn’t agree with you more.
大衛:我完全同意你的看法。
I couldn′t agree with you more.不能同意你更多