
無聊多讀書
Drew is lying on the sofa, spacing out. His roommate, Rich, is talking to him.
德魯躺在沙發上無所事事。他的室友里奇在跟他說話。
lie-lying(v.)平躺space out放空、發呆
Rich: Hey, why are you just lying on the sofa?
里奇:嘿,怎麼躺在沙發上?
Drew: I don’t know what to do. I’m so bored.
德魯:我不知道要幹嘛,好無聊。
bored(adj.)感到無聊的
Rich: Why not?
里奇:怎麼會?
Drew: The NBA canceled all its games. I used to watch them to kill time.
德魯:NBA取消了所有比賽。我以前都會看比賽打發時間。
cancel(v.)取消game(n.)比賽、遊戲used to RV以前的習慣kill time打發時間
Rich: You can read a book! Now is a great time to start reading.
里奇:你可以看書啊!現在就是看書的最佳時機。
Drew: No way!
德魯:才不要!
no way才不要、不可能
Rich: Come on! When was the last time that you actually read one? Or even a magazine?
里奇:拜託!你說你上次真的看完一整本書是什麼時候?或甚至是一本雜誌?
magazine(n.)雜誌
Drew: When I was in college, I guess.
德魯:應該是還在大學的時候。
Rich: That was a long time ago. How about I find you some books about basketball? That way you’ll enjoy reading more.
里奇:那也很久以前了。要不然我幫你找一本跟籃球有關的書讓你看?你可能會更有興趣。
a long time ago很久以前
Drew: I guess. I have nothing better to do now.
德魯:我想也是,現在也沒更好的事情做了。
I have nothing better to do now.現在沒別的事好做