
上岸一口吃掉
Leo and Jenny are friends. They are chatting.
里歐和珍妮是朋友。 他們在聊天。
Leo: Hey, are you free next weekend?
里歐:嘿,下週末有空嗎?
free(adj.)有空的、自由的、免費的
Jenny: I think so. Why?
珍妮:有吧。怎麼了?
I think so.=I think that I’m free next weekend.
Leo: Let’s go to Penghu! It’s time to harvest sea urchins.
里歐:我們去澎湖!現在是採海膽季。
Jenny: What’s the rush?
珍妮:急什麼?
rush(n.)匆忙
Leo: It’s only open for harvesting for two months. Above all, we need to get there before other tourists take the good ones away.
里歐:這只開放兩個月。最重要的是,我們要在其他遊客把好的海膽採光前去啊。
above all最重要的是、首先、尤其before(adv.)之前tourist(n.)遊客take away拿走before後面是副詞子句、表達時間關係
Jenny: Have you eaten sea urchins before?
珍妮:你吃過海膽嗎?
Leo: Yeah. My grandparents are from Penghu.
里歐:當然,我的祖父母是澎湖人啊。
Jenny: Right. I almost forgot. What does it taste like?
珍妮:對呀,我都差點忘了。嘗起來怎麼樣?
Leo: It tastes like the pure ocean. You have to crack it open and eat it once you’ve brought it onto the shore.
里歐:口味就像純粹的海洋。帶到岸上後,你一定要馬上剖開然後一口吃掉。
pure(adj.)純粹的、純淨的ocean(n.)海洋crack open剖開、敲破once一…onto the shore到岸上
Jenny: That sounds oddly delicious.
珍妮:聽起來很奇特地好吃。
oddly(adv.)奇特地delicious(adj.)好吃的