
討論過年計畫
Kyle and Kelly are brother and sister. They are talking about their plans for the Lunar New Year.
凱爾和凱莉是兄妹。他們在討論過年的計畫。
plan(n.)計畫Lunar New Year農曆年
Kyle: Did Mom say where we’ll spend the Lunar New Year this year?
凱爾:媽媽有說今年要去哪裡過年嗎?
spend(v.)度過、spend vacation度假
Kelly: We’ll go back to Tainan to see Grandma.
凱莉:要回台南去看阿嬤。
Kyle: Nice! Finally!
凱爾:太好了!終於!
finally終於
Kelly: Why are you so happy?
凱莉:你怎麼那麼高興?
happy(adj.)快樂的
Kyle: Because then we can set off some fireworks in the fields near Grandma’s house.
凱爾:這樣我們就能在阿嬤家附近的田裡放煙火了。
because then因為這樣的話set off施放field(n.)田間、田野near+N.附近
Kelly: Oh yes! We didn’t do it last year.
凱莉:喔,對!去年沒有放。
Kyle: The neighbors around here can’t stand the noise.
凱爾:這裡的鄰居受不了那噪音。
neighbor(n.)鄰居cannot stand不能忍受noise(n.)噪音、sound(n.)聲響
Kelly: How many fireworks should we buy?
凱莉:那我們要買多少煙火來放?
Kyle: The more, the better.
凱爾:越多越好啊!
the more, the better.越多越好、比較級
Kelly: That’s the spirit!
凱莉:這樣就對了!
That′s the spirit!就是這種精神、這樣就對了