
細菌溫床
Lena and Josh are talking about cleaning up after dinner.
莉娜和喬許在聊晚餐後的打掃工作。
clean up打掃、清理
Lena: After you wash the dishes tonight, you should throw away the sponge.
莉娜:你今天洗完碗記得把菜瓜布丟掉喔。
throw away丟掉、扔掉
Josh: Why? I just soaked it in bleach last week to make sure it was clean.
喬許:為什麼?我上週才用漂白水泡過,應該很乾淨吧?
soak(v.)浸泡bleach(n.)漂白水make sure確保、確認
Lena: That’s good, but I just read online that cleaning a sponge often still won’t kill all the bacteria in it.
莉娜:是沒錯,但我剛剛在網路上看到,菜瓜布就算常常清洗,還是沒辦法殺光裡面的細菌。
often(adv.)時常bacteria(n.)細菌(複數)bacterium(n.)細菌(單數)
Josh: Oh, really? I thought I could just keep cleaning it and it would be fine.
喬許:喔,真的嗎?我以為一直清洗就沒問題了。
keep V-ing持續做~
Lena: Well, it helps to clean it with bleach, but I think it’s time for a new sponge.
莉娜:用漂白水確實能幫忙殺菌,但我覺得還是該換新的了。
Josh: Ok. I’ll do it, especially if it can help us stay healthier.
喬許:好吧,那我就換,尤其是如果它能讓我們更健康。
especially(adv.)特別是
Lena: Great! Thanks, Josh!
莉娜:太好了!謝啦,喬許!
Josh: You’re welcome! I’m also going to the supermarket tomorrow, so I’ll make sure to pick up more sponges there. Then I can just start using a new one every week.
喬許:不客氣!剛好我明天要去超市,那麼我會多買幾塊菜瓜布,這樣就可以每週換一塊新的。
make sure to VR確保去做~pick up拿起、撿起、購買pick up sb.接送某人=pick sb. up
Lena: Good plan.
莉娜:好主意。