
無光害美景
Eric works at a tourist center in Hualien.
艾瑞克在花蓮遊客中心工作。
tourist center遊客中心
Eric: Hi, how may I help you?
艾瑞克:嗨,有什麼需要協助的地方嗎?
may(aux.)可以、能
Ellie: Hi, could you please recommend some tourist attractions here that we can visit or activities we can do?
艾莉:嗨,你可以幫我們推薦一些可以參觀的景點或參加的活動嗎?
recommend(v.)推薦tourist attraction旅遊景點activity(n.)活動
Eric: Of course. Well, right now it’s the firefly season here. I highly recommend the guided tours for watching fireflies. You can register for the tour here.
艾瑞克:當然。現在是螢火蟲季,有解說導覽,您可以在這裡登記報名。
highly(adv.)非常、極其guide(v.)指引、給…導遊、帶…參觀register(v.)註冊、登記
Ellie: Should we book the tours beforehand?
艾莉:導覽需要事先預約嗎?
book(v.)預約、預訂beforehand(adv.)事先
Eric: It would be better that way. The Hualien Forest District Office has set a limit on the number of tourists allowed to visit the forest each day. They do this to prevent tourists from disturbing the wild animals.
艾瑞克:可能最好先預約哦。花蓮林管處為避免遊客干擾到野生動物,會限制進入森林的遊客人數。
the Hualien Forest District Office花蓮森林管理處set a limit on sth.對某事物設定上限number(n.)數量allow(v.)允許、准許prevent sb. from預防、阻止某人…disturb(v.)打斷、干擾
Ellie: I see. Then we’d like to book a tour for four people on Friday.
艾莉:我明白了,那我們想要預約週五的遊覽,參加人數有四位。
see(v.)明白、了解would like想要
Eric: No problem. Just a little reminder by the way: shouting in the forest, capturing fireflies and pointing flashlights at the fireflies is not allowed.
艾瑞克:沒問題。有個小提醒要請您注意:森林裡禁止喧嘩、捕捉螢火蟲以及用手電筒直接照射螢火蟲哦!
reminder(n.)提醒(的話)、提示shout(v.)大聲說、喊叫capture(v.)俘虜、捕捉point at指向、瞄準
Ellie: I understand. Thanks a lot for your help!
艾莉:我了解。非常感謝你的協助。
understand(v.)瞭解help(n.)幫忙、幫助
Eric: Not at all.
艾瑞克:別客氣。
not at all別客氣