
每月的那個時候
Maddie looks unwell at work. Richard is talking to her.
麥蒂上班時臉色很差。理查正在跟她說話。
unwell(adj.)不好的at work上班時
Richard: Hey, are you alright? You look pale.
理查:嘿,你還好嗎?你臉色很蒼白。
pale(adj.)蒼白的
Maddie: Yeah, I’m feeling off.
麥蒂:嗯嗯,我只是有點不舒服。
feel off=feel uncomfortable不舒服
Richard: Do you want a cup of warm water?
理查:要不要來杯溫開水?
warm water溫水
Maddie: That’d be great, thanks. I’m just having period pain.
麥蒂:好,感謝。我現在生理痛。
period pain生理痛、period(n.)月事、期間
Richard: Oh, in that case, just let me know if you need anything.
理查:喔,好,那樣的話,有需要什麼再跟我說。
Maddie: Actually, could you tell the manager that I’d like to take a leave this afternoon?
麥蒂:那你可以幫我跟經理說我下午想要請個病假嗎?
take a leave請假afternoon(n.)下午
Richard: Sure thing. Is she out now?
理查:當然,她現在不在嗎?
be out外出
Maddie: Yeah, she’s out meeting a client.
麥蒂:對,她正在跟客戶見面。
client(n.)客戶
Richard: Gotcha. I’ll tell her later then.
理查:好的,我會跟她說。
gotcha懂了、明白
Maddie: Thanks! You’re an angel.
麥蒂:謝啦,你真是個天使。
angel(n.)天使
Richard: Not at all. Take care!
理查:小事,你要保重!
take care好好照顧身體、保重