
一星期沒有洗衣服
Neil and Nicki are coworkers. They’re chatting.
尼爾和妮琪是同事。
chat(v.)聊天、閒談
Nicki: Well, finally the rain has stopped. I’m happy to see the sunlight.
妮琪:雨終於停了,看到陽光我真開心。
sunlight(n.)陽光、日光
Neil: Same here. It’s been raining for almost a week. I was hardly able to leave the house last week thanks to the rain.
尼爾:是啊。已經持續下了快一週的雨,我上星期幾乎不能出門呢。
same here我同意hardly(adv.)幾乎不be able to能夠thanks to因為、由於
Nicki: Same here. Plus, it was really hard to get the laundry to dry with all the rain outside.
妮琪:我也是。而且,這幾個雨天洗好的衣服好難乾哦!
laundry(n.)待洗、洗好的衣物dry(v.)使變乾
Neil: That’s why I haven’t done any laundry for a week.
尼爾:所以我已經一星期沒有洗衣服了。
do the laundry洗衣服
Nicki: It must have smelled terrible with your dirty socks lying around.
妮琪:你的髒襪子亂放,一定很臭!
smell(v.)聞起來terrible(adj.)糟糕的lie around亂放
Neil: And that’s why I’m going to wash my clothes finally after work today. What about you?
尼爾:所以我終於打算今天下班後回家洗衣服啊!妳呢?
after work下班what about那…呢?
Nicki: I need some fresh air, so I’m going to the night market tonight!
妮琪:我需要新鮮空氣,所以今晚我打算去夜市。
fresh air新鮮空氣night market夜市
Neil: Good for you!
尼爾:真好!
good for you真棒