
我受夠當爛好人了
Elliot is a designer. He is working on a poster. His roommate, Charlie, is talking to him.
艾略特是一位設計師。他正在做海報。他的室友查理在跟他說話。
designer設計師poster(n.)海報
Charlie: What are you doing?
查理:你在做什麼?
Elliot: I’m making a poster for my colleague.
艾略特:我正在幫同事做海報。
Charlie: Again? They keep taking advantage of you.
查理:又來?他們真的在利用你欸。
take advantage of佔便宜、利用
Elliot: I know. I just can’t turn them down.
艾略特:我知道。我就是沒辦法拒絕他們。
Charlie: Give them an inch and they’ll take a mile. They will want more.
查理:這就是得寸進尺。他們會想要更多的。
give them an inch and they′ll take a mile得寸進尺
Elliot: I’m aware of that, but it’s just a favor.
艾略特:我知道,但這只是一個小忙而已啊。
be aware of sth.深知、清楚某事favor(n.)幫忙
Charlie: It’s okay to help them out once in a while, but they’ve clearly walked all over you. You can spend your time on something more important, like something that you enjoy.
查理:偶爾幫忙沒關係,但他們顯然就是把你吃死死。你大可以把時間花在更重要的事情上,像是你自己享受的事情。
help sb. out幫助once in a while偶爾clearly(adv.)明顯地walk all over sb.把某人吃死死、欺負某人spend time on sth.花時間在…
Elliot: You’re right. I’m done being a doormat!
艾略特:沒錯,我受夠當爛好人了!
doormat(n.)門墊、爛好人
Charlie: Yes. Stand up and say no to them firmly.
查理:對,要懂得勇敢堅定地拒絕他們。
stand up挺身firmly(adv.)堅決地
Elliot: I will. Thanks.
艾略特:我會的,謝謝。