
情人補償條款
Tina and Billy are a couple. It is Wednesday morning.
蒂娜和比利是情侶,現在是星期三早上。
couple(n.)夫妻、伴侶、情侶
Tina: Billy, what time is it?
蒂娜:比利,現在幾點了?
what time is it=問幾點幾分
Billy: It’s almost 20 past 10.
比利:現在快10點20分了。
almost(adv.)幾乎past(prep.)指時間的通過
Tina: Oh, no. I’m late for work. Can you take out the trash for me?
蒂娜:喔,糟了!我上班遲到了,你可以幫我倒垃圾嗎?
late for work上班遲到,late for school上學遲到take out the trash倒垃圾
Billy: Uh huh.
比利:嗯哼。
uh huh知道了、了解了
Tina: Can you vacuum the floor, too?
蒂娜:你也可以用吸塵器吸地板嗎?
vacuum(v.)用吸塵器清掃
Billy: Hey, it’s your turn this week.
比利:嘿,這週輪到你了。
turn(n.)依次輪流時的機會
Tina: Pretty please! I’ll make it up to you. I promise.
蒂娜:拜託啦,我會補償你的,我保證。
pretty please拜託、求求你make it up to sb.補償某人promise(v.)答應、保證
Billy: All right. Then, come to my high school reunion with me. I don’t want to go there alone.
比利:好吧,那麼你陪我去參加高中同學會,我不想一個人去。
reunion(n.)團聚、聚會alone(adv.)獨自地
Tina: Come on. You know I hate that kind of thing.
蒂娜:少來,你知道我討厭那種事情。
hate(v.)討厭、不喜歡
Billy: You just gave me your word.
比利:你剛剛才答應我的。
give sb. one’s word向某人承諾、保證
Tina: It’s not fair! But…fine. What day is the reunion?
蒂娜:這不公平!但⋯好啦,聚會是星期幾?
what day is it=問星期幾
Billy: It’s on Saturday.
比利:星期六。
Tina: OK. I’ll be on my best behavior for you.
蒂娜:好的,我會為了你表現出最好的一面。
on one’s best behavior舉止得體、有禮貌