
追求的殘念
Victor and Viola are classmates. They’re having lunch.
維多和薇歐拉是同學,他們正在吃午餐。
classmate(n.)同班同學have(v.)吃
Victor: You know that I’m into Sharon and have been pursuing her, right?
維多:妳知道我很喜歡雪倫並且持續在追求她,對吧?
know(v.)知道into(prep.)極喜歡、對…很有興趣pursue(v.)追求right(adj.)正確的
Viola: I do, but is there anything wrong? You look so sad.
薇歐拉:我知道啊,但是有什麼不開心的事嗎?你看起來很難過。
anything(pron.)任何事物wrong(adj.)不順心的look(v.)看起來so(adv.)非常、很
Victor: I’m gonna give up on pursuing her.
維多:我要放棄追求她了。
gonna=going togive up放棄
Viola: What? Why? I remembered that last week you were very excited about going out with her.
薇歐拉:什麼?為什麼呢?我記得上週你很興奮她要跟你出去呀!
remember(v.)記得last(adj.)最後的excited(adj.)興奮的、刺激的
Victor: Yes, I was, but she didn’t show up that day.
維多:我是啊,但她那天沒有出現。
show up到達、露面
Viola: Did she tell you why?
薇歐拉:她有說為什麼嗎?
tell(v.)告訴
Victor: She said that her ex-boyfriend had gotten back together with her.
維多:她說她男友回到她身邊了。
ex-以前的、前任back(adv.)返回get back回來、返回together(adv.)一起
Viola: Oh! That’s really annoying, but to be frank, everyone knows that she’s still waiting for her ex-boyfriend. It’s not about you. Cheer up!
薇歐拉:噢,那真討厭;但坦白說,大家都知道她還在等她前男友。這不是你的問題;振作起來吧!
really(adv.)非常、很annoying(adj.)討厭的、惱人的frank(adj.)坦率的、坦誠的everyone(pron.)每個人still(adv.)還、依然wait(v.)等、等待cheer up振作、高興起來
Victor: I know. Thanks for listening to me. I’m a lot better now.
維多:我也知道。謝謝妳聽我說話,我現在感覺好多了!
thanks(excl.)謝謝listen(v.)聽、聆聽a lot非常、經常better(adj.)較好的