
今天星期五
Anna is Chad’s grandmother. They are having dinner together.
安娜是查德的奶奶。他們正要一起吃晚餐。
Anna: It’s dinner time. Would you like to go out for dinner?
安娜:現在是晚餐時間。你想出去吃晚餐嗎?
would like to想要
Chad: Granny, I miss your crispy fried chicken.
查德:奶奶,我想念你的脆皮炸雞。
miss(v.)想念、懷念、錯過crispy(adj.)酥脆的
Anna: Good idea. It’s Friday! Let’s have fried chicken!
安娜:好主意。今天是星期五!我們來吃炸雞吧!
idea(n.)主意、想法、信念ideal(adj.)理想的、完美的
Chad: Yay! Could you also make some French fries?
查德:好啊!你能不能也做一些炸薯條?
French(adj.)法國的
Anna: Sure. I have some great potatoes.
安娜:當然,我有一些很棒的馬鈴薯。
potato(n.)馬鈴薯couch potato很不愛動,老愛窩在沙發裡看電視的人
Chad: Thank you Granny! You’re the best!
查德:謝謝你,奶奶。你是最棒的!
best(adj.)最好的、最棒的
Anna: Oh, sweetheart, I love to cook for you.
安娜:哦,親愛的,我喜歡為你做飯。
sweetheart(n.)親愛的honeymoon(n.)蜜月
Chad: Do you want me to help out in the kitchen?
查德:你想讓我在廚房裡幫忙嗎?
help sb. out幫某人的忙
Anna: Yeah. You can peel the potatoes, and I will prepare the chicken.
安娜:是的。你可以削馬鈴薯,我來準備雞肉。
peel(v.)剝去、削去(表層)prepare(v.)準備、預備
Chad: Yes, Granny. Where is the peeler?
查德:好的,奶奶。削皮刀在哪裡?
peeler(n.)削皮刀