
你知我知
In the evening, Lisa is in the kitchen. Her younger brother, Kevin, is in the living room.
莉莎在廚房裡,她的弟弟凱文在客廳。
evening(n.)晚上
Lisa: Kevin, Mom just called. She has her hands full in the office. She wants us to wash the dishes, take out the trash and do the laundry.
莉莎:凱文,媽媽剛剛打來,她在公司忙得不可開交,她要我們洗碗、倒垃圾還有洗衣服。
has one’s hands full非常忙碌,無法做其他事情
Kevin: I am in the middle of something.
凱文:我現在有事。
in the middle of something=busy doing something
Lisa: You mean you are busy playing your video games, right? Can you please get your butt over here?
莉莎:你是說你正忙著打電動,對嗎?可以麻煩你來廚房嗎?
busy+Ving忙著做某事butt(n.)屁股=bottom
Kevin walks to the kitchen with a long face.
凱文愁眉苦臉地走到廚房。
long face愁眉苦臉,pull(wear) a long face
Kevin: Don’t make me wash the dishes. I hate that.
凱文:不要叫我洗碗啦,我討厭洗碗。
使役動詞有要求、命令的語氣,使役動詞(make, let, have…)+原形動詞
Lisa: If you finish all the chores, you can have my iPad for one hour. How about that?
莉莎:如果你做完所有的家事,你可以用我的iPad玩一小時,如何?
chore(n.)家事、例行工作
Kevin: Then, what are you going to do?
凱文:那你要幹嘛?
Lisa: Shh! I want to hang out with my friends. I’ll be back in two hours.
莉莎:噓!我想跟我朋友出去玩,我會在兩小時內回來。
hang out with sb.和某人去玩
Kevin: Let me have your iPad for a week, or I’ll tell on you and have Mom ground you.
凱文:讓我用你的iPad一個星期,不然我要去告狀,叫媽媽禁足你!
tell on sb.告某人的狀ground(v.)禁足
Lisa: Fine! But you’d better keep it between us!
莉莎:好啦,但是你可別告訴別人!
keep it between us保守秘密