
避免中暑或熱衰竭
Charles and Daisy are a couple. Charles just got home.
查爾斯與黛西是情侶。查爾斯剛回到家。
couple(n.)情侶、伴侶
Charles: Oh my. It’s roasting out there!
查爾斯:天啊,外頭好熱啊!
roast(v.)烘烤
Daisy: You sweat a lot. Let me get you a glass of water to cool down.
黛西:你流了好多汗,我去給你倒杯水降降溫吧。
sweat(v.)流汗cool down=冷卻、降溫(cool off)
Charles: Thanks. My skin is getting red and painful.
查爾斯:謝啦。我皮膚變得又紅又痛的。
painful(adj.)疼痛的
Daisy: You’ve got sunburned. Didn’t you wear sunscreen before going outside?
黛西:你被曬傷了。出門前沒擦防曬霜嗎?
sunburned(adj.)曬傷的sunscreen(n.)防曬霜
Charles: Nope. I wore a hat instead.
查爾斯:沒欸,我戴了頂帽子。
instead(adv.)作為替代動詞三態wear-wore-worn=穿戴
Daisy: Wearing a hat is not enough to protect you against the sun. It only covers some parts of your face, leaving your arms, neck and other areas of your body directly exposed to the sun.
黛西:戴帽子不足以防曬啊。它只能遮住臉的局部,手臂、脖子和其他身體部位都還是會直接被曬到。
protect(v.)保護against(prep.)對抗cover(v.)遮蓋exposed(adj.)無遮蓋的、無遮蔽的
Charles: I thought I would just run some errands and come home real quick. I shouldn’t have underestimated the heat of the sun.
查爾斯:我原本以為把事情處理好後很快就會回家。真不該小看烈日高溫。
run errands=出門辦事、跑腿real quick(口語)=very quicklyestimate(v.)估計、估算underestimate(v.)低估heat(n.)高溫
Daisy: You can apply moisturizer or aloe vera to the sunburned areas to relieve the pain.
黛西:你可以在曬傷部位塗上保濕霜或蘆薈減輕疼痛。
apply(v.)塗抹area(n.)區域、區塊relieve(v.)緩和、減輕
Charles: OK, will do.
查爾斯:好,我會的。
will do=表達同意某要求(No problem.)
Daisy: The weather is getting hot. Stay hydrated to prevent heatstroke or heat exhaustion. Don’t wait until you are thirsty.
黛西:天氣越來越熱了,補充水分以免中暑或熱衰竭,別等到口渴了才喝水。
hydrated(adj.)攝入足夠水分的prevent(v.)預防heatstroke(n.)中暑exhaustion(n.) 衰竭